Lokayukta court summons Yeddy, Somanna
Bangalore: A Lokayukta court on Friday ordered
issue of summons to former Karnataka Chief Minister BS
Yeddyurappa, Housing Minister V Somanna and two others in a
case relating to alleged irregularities in denotification of
Ordering issue of summons, judge NK Sudhindra Rao
directed Yeddyurappa, Somanna, his wife and a person named
Lingaraju to appear without fail on April 30.
On March 21, Lokayukta police probing the case had filed a
`B` report absolving Somanna of charges of "misusing his
position" in the case, stating that he was neither an MLA nor
a minister during the period when the said land was denotified
and therefore there was no case to proceed against him.
The others accused in the case, including Yeddyurappa,
were also absolved of the charges.
The` B` report was challenged by complainant Ravi Krishna
Reddy on March 29.
On January 17, the Karnataka High Court had granted
anticipatory bail to all the accused in the case.
The complainant had alleged that Somanna used his position
as a minister to secure denotification of 22 guntas (one gunta
is about 1,086 sq ft) of land in Nagadevanahalli village for
an educational institutution run by his wife, despite the land
having been acquired by Bangalore Development Authority.
After the Lokayukta court took cognisance of the
complaint, all the four moved the High Court for anticipatory
The then Chief Minister Yeddyurappa had allegedly ordered
for denotification of the land on the request of the erstwhile
land owner Lingaraju, according to the complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport