Lokayukta court summons Yeddy, Somanna
Bangalore: A Lokayukta court on Friday ordered
issue of summons to former Karnataka Chief Minister BS
Yeddyurappa, Housing Minister V Somanna and two others in a
case relating to alleged irregularities in denotification of
Ordering issue of summons, judge NK Sudhindra Rao
directed Yeddyurappa, Somanna, his wife and a person named
Lingaraju to appear without fail on April 30.
On March 21, Lokayukta police probing the case had filed a
`B` report absolving Somanna of charges of "misusing his
position" in the case, stating that he was neither an MLA nor
a minister during the period when the said land was denotified
and therefore there was no case to proceed against him.
The others accused in the case, including Yeddyurappa,
were also absolved of the charges.
The` B` report was challenged by complainant Ravi Krishna
Reddy on March 29.
On January 17, the Karnataka High Court had granted
anticipatory bail to all the accused in the case.
The complainant had alleged that Somanna used his position
as a minister to secure denotification of 22 guntas (one gunta
is about 1,086 sq ft) of land in Nagadevanahalli village for
an educational institutution run by his wife, despite the land
having been acquired by Bangalore Development Authority.
After the Lokayukta court took cognisance of the
complaint, all the four moved the High Court for anticipatory
The then Chief Minister Yeddyurappa had allegedly ordered
for denotification of the land on the request of the erstwhile
land owner Lingaraju, according to the complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali