Lokayukta detains DCF with Rs 8 lakh of alleged bribe money
Bangalore: Lokayukta police on Sunday detained a
senior forest department official and recovered from him over
Rs eight lakh of alleged bribe money.
A Lokayukta police team intercepted his car near Kollegala
in Chamarajanagar district and recovered the cash, Karnataka
Lokayukta N Santosh Hegde told reporters here.
He said the Lokayukta had information that the Deputy
Conservator of Forests, Kollegala, K M Narayanaswamy had been
collecting "money" from range forest officers and forest
Narayanaswamy was bringing that money to Bangalore when he
was caught, Hegde said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Chinese woman gives birth to a baby girl from embryo frozen 18 years ago
- Spirituality helps you transform into a better human – Here’s how
- Mumbai architect receives Rs 5 crore extortion call from gangster Ravi Pujari
- 7th Pay Commission: Salary hike to boost demand in consumer durables sector
- 7th Pay Commission: Unions reject Centre's pay hike, threaten to go on strike