Lokayukta detains DCF with Rs 8 lakh of alleged bribe money
Bangalore: Lokayukta police on Sunday detained a
senior forest department official and recovered from him over
Rs eight lakh of alleged bribe money.
A Lokayukta police team intercepted his car near Kollegala
in Chamarajanagar district and recovered the cash, Karnataka
Lokayukta N Santosh Hegde told reporters here.
He said the Lokayukta had information that the Deputy
Conservator of Forests, Kollegala, K M Narayanaswamy had been
collecting "money" from range forest officers and forest
Narayanaswamy was bringing that money to Bangalore when he
was caught, Hegde said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption