‘Lokayukta Official’s transfer Yeddyurappa`s work’
New Delhi: Launching a strong attack against the Sadandnanda Gowda-led BJP Government in Karnataka, JD (S) on Wednesday, accused the state administration of transferring a top Lokayukta official "at the behest of" former Chief Minister, B S Yeddyurappa.
Condemning the transfer of Lokayukta DGP Pranob Mohanty, JD(S) chief and former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda alleged that the Chief Minister, who had "made a promise not to change any officers for one year" changed his position at the behest of former Chief Minister Yeddyurappa against, whom the office of the omubudsman filed an FIR on illegal mining.
"People want to know why the present Chief Minister is not in a position to function freely," the JD (S) chief said, and asked the Government to bring back the official, who has been posted as the Joint Police Commissioner of Bangalore (Crimes) West, to the Lokayukta.
"Mohanty was posted to Lokayukta only six months ago before being shifted from the post. He was transferred at the behest of Yeddyurappa," Gowda said.
He said, the senior BJP leaders including L K Advani would not support the decision taken by the Government.
Alleging that Yeddyurappa is still calling shots in the Karnataka government even though he was replaced by Sadananda Gowda, the JD (S) chief said, "Advaniji had made it very clear that Yeddyurappa`s man should not be named as the Chief Minister".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!