‘Lokayukta Official’s transfer Yeddyurappa`s work’
New Delhi: Launching a strong attack against the Sadandnanda Gowda-led BJP Government in Karnataka, JD (S) on Wednesday, accused the state administration of transferring a top Lokayukta official "at the behest of" former Chief Minister, B S Yeddyurappa.
Condemning the transfer of Lokayukta DGP Pranob Mohanty, JD(S) chief and former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda alleged that the Chief Minister, who had "made a promise not to change any officers for one year" changed his position at the behest of former Chief Minister Yeddyurappa against, whom the office of the omubudsman filed an FIR on illegal mining.
"People want to know why the present Chief Minister is not in a position to function freely," the JD (S) chief said, and asked the Government to bring back the official, who has been posted as the Joint Police Commissioner of Bangalore (Crimes) West, to the Lokayukta.
"Mohanty was posted to Lokayukta only six months ago before being shifted from the post. He was transferred at the behest of Yeddyurappa," Gowda said.
He said, the senior BJP leaders including L K Advani would not support the decision taken by the Government.
Alleging that Yeddyurappa is still calling shots in the Karnataka government even though he was replaced by Sadananda Gowda, the JD (S) chief said, "Advaniji had made it very clear that Yeddyurappa`s man should not be named as the Chief Minister".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in