Madani seeks temporary bail for daughter`s marriage
Bangalore: Kerala-based PDP leader and accused in the 2008 Bangalore serial blasts, Abdul Nasser Madani on Monday filed an application before the trial court in the central prison here, seeking temporary bail to attend his daughter`s marriage.
Senior counsel P Usman representing People`s Democratic Party (PDP) leader Madani, filed an application seeking temporary bail from March 8 to 12, to enable his client to attend his daughter`s marriage in Kollam on March 10 and also to visit his ailing father in the same place.
Usman submitted an application that his client was seeking grant of temporary bail under "full police escort".
The matter has been adjourned to tomorrow for filing of objections by the prosecution.
On February 21, Madani returned to the central prison here after undergoing treatment at a wellness centre for more than six weeks.
Madani was admitted to the centre on January 7 on the High Court directive for treatment of his multiple ailments.
He has been lodged in jail since his arrest in August 2010 for his alleged role in the blasts conspiracy.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler