Madani seeks temporary bail for daughter`s marriage
Bangalore: Kerala-based PDP leader and accused in the 2008 Bangalore serial blasts, Abdul Nasser Madani on Monday filed an application before the trial court in the central prison here, seeking temporary bail to attend his daughter`s marriage.
Senior counsel P Usman representing People`s Democratic Party (PDP) leader Madani, filed an application seeking temporary bail from March 8 to 12, to enable his client to attend his daughter`s marriage in Kollam on March 10 and also to visit his ailing father in the same place.
Usman submitted an application that his client was seeking grant of temporary bail under "full police escort".
The matter has been adjourned to tomorrow for filing of objections by the prosecution.
On February 21, Madani returned to the central prison here after undergoing treatment at a wellness centre for more than six weeks.
Madani was admitted to the centre on January 7 on the High Court directive for treatment of his multiple ailments.
He has been lodged in jail since his arrest in August 2010 for his alleged role in the blasts conspiracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional