Madani seeks temporary bail for daughter`s marriage
Bangalore: Kerala-based PDP leader and accused in the 2008 Bangalore serial blasts, Abdul Nasser Madani on Monday filed an application before the trial court in the central prison here, seeking temporary bail to attend his daughter`s marriage.
Senior counsel P Usman representing People`s Democratic Party (PDP) leader Madani, filed an application seeking temporary bail from March 8 to 12, to enable his client to attend his daughter`s marriage in Kollam on March 10 and also to visit his ailing father in the same place.
Usman submitted an application that his client was seeking grant of temporary bail under "full police escort".
The matter has been adjourned to tomorrow for filing of objections by the prosecution.
On February 21, Madani returned to the central prison here after undergoing treatment at a wellness centre for more than six weeks.
Madani was admitted to the centre on January 7 on the High Court directive for treatment of his multiple ailments.
He has been lodged in jail since his arrest in August 2010 for his alleged role in the blasts conspiracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video