Madani visits parents, weeps during prayer
Kollam (Ker): People`s Democratic Party leader and 2008 Bangalore blasts accused Abdul Nasser Madani, who is out on parole, today met his aged parents at his hometown Anwarassery in the district.
Madani, who reached the orphanage run by a trust founded by him at Anwarassery, met his father Abdul Samad and mother Asuma Beevi, who were brought there.
The PDP leader spent some time with the children of the orphanage and took part in the afternoon prayer with them and his close supporters.
During prayer, Madani wept uncontrollably and said he was innocent and being branded as a terrorist.
After the prayer, he was taken back to the campus of a private medical college in the district where he had stayed last night after attending the wedding of his daughter.
The sermon he delivered during the `nikah` of his daughter yesterday invited strong reaction from the state BJP unit, which alleged it amounted to violation of parole conditions.
Giving his Khutba-e-Nikah (wedding message), Madani had a dig at Karnataka authorities, saying his getting parole did not mean that the "sun of justice" has risen over there.
"...I am in a tragic situation where the ray of justice is still far off," he said.
The trial court in Bangalore on Thursday granted parole for Madani from March 8-12 to attend the marriage and visit his parents under tight police security.
He had been lodged in a Bangalore jail since his arrest in 2010 for his alleged role in the July 2008 blasts, that left one person dead and over 20 injured in Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon