Madani visits parents, weeps during prayer
Kollam (Ker): People`s Democratic Party leader and 2008 Bangalore blasts accused Abdul Nasser Madani, who is out on parole, today met his aged parents at his hometown Anwarassery in the district.
Madani, who reached the orphanage run by a trust founded by him at Anwarassery, met his father Abdul Samad and mother Asuma Beevi, who were brought there.
The PDP leader spent some time with the children of the orphanage and took part in the afternoon prayer with them and his close supporters.
During prayer, Madani wept uncontrollably and said he was innocent and being branded as a terrorist.
After the prayer, he was taken back to the campus of a private medical college in the district where he had stayed last night after attending the wedding of his daughter.
The sermon he delivered during the `nikah` of his daughter yesterday invited strong reaction from the state BJP unit, which alleged it amounted to violation of parole conditions.
Giving his Khutba-e-Nikah (wedding message), Madani had a dig at Karnataka authorities, saying his getting parole did not mean that the "sun of justice" has risen over there.
"...I am in a tragic situation where the ray of justice is still far off," he said.
The trial court in Bangalore on Thursday granted parole for Madani from March 8-12 to attend the marriage and visit his parents under tight police security.
He had been lodged in a Bangalore jail since his arrest in 2010 for his alleged role in the July 2008 blasts, that left one person dead and over 20 injured in Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon