Madani visits parents, weeps during prayer
Kollam (Ker): People`s Democratic Party leader and 2008 Bangalore blasts accused Abdul Nasser Madani, who is out on parole, today met his aged parents at his hometown Anwarassery in the district.
Madani, who reached the orphanage run by a trust founded by him at Anwarassery, met his father Abdul Samad and mother Asuma Beevi, who were brought there.
The PDP leader spent some time with the children of the orphanage and took part in the afternoon prayer with them and his close supporters.
During prayer, Madani wept uncontrollably and said he was innocent and being branded as a terrorist.
After the prayer, he was taken back to the campus of a private medical college in the district where he had stayed last night after attending the wedding of his daughter.
The sermon he delivered during the `nikah` of his daughter yesterday invited strong reaction from the state BJP unit, which alleged it amounted to violation of parole conditions.
Giving his Khutba-e-Nikah (wedding message), Madani had a dig at Karnataka authorities, saying his getting parole did not mean that the "sun of justice" has risen over there.
"...I am in a tragic situation where the ray of justice is still far off," he said.
The trial court in Bangalore on Thursday granted parole for Madani from March 8-12 to attend the marriage and visit his parents under tight police security.
He had been lodged in a Bangalore jail since his arrest in 2010 for his alleged role in the July 2008 blasts, that left one person dead and over 20 injured in Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray