MBBS exam in Karnataka postponed to May 18 due to election
New Delhi: In view of the assembly elections in Karnataka on May 5, CBSE on Wednesday postponed the first National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to MBBS courses to May 18 in the state.
The NEET for under-graduate medical courses was to be held on May 5, as per the announcement made by CBSE in September last, which clashed with date of polls in Karnataka.
"To avoid any inconvenience to the candidates and public in Karnataka, it has been decided by the Central Board of Secondary Education with the approval of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare to postpone the date of conduct of NEET-UG 2013 in Karnataka only to 18th May, 2013 Saturday," said the CBSE order.
The board further clarified that the examination in all other states/UTs and abroad will be conducted on May 5 itself as per the existing schedule.
The CBSE was conducting the common NEET-UG Exam on behalf of Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India for admission to all medical and dental colleges in the country.
This is the first-ever common entrance test for MBBS and BDS courses where over 10 lakh candidates are likely to appear from across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest