`Mining lobby may be behind K` taka crisis`
Hyderabad: Alleging that "mining lobby"
could be behind the attempts to destabilise the BJP government in Karnataka, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu Friday said an
investigation would be ordered to bring out the truth over the
"The entire mine owners have ganged up, I am told.
Because they are aggrieved by the order of the state
government banning the export of iron ore, which is fetching
them thousands of crores of rupees. Once it stabilises, we
will order an enquiry into the entire episode and find out who
are the people who provided this money, who are the people
behind this, how the money has changed hands," he told
Asked to elaborate on the proposed probe, he said the
Chief Minister would take a decision on the matter.
He asserted that the Yeddyurappa government has taken
a courageous decision in banning the export of iron ore.
"The victory of the Yeddyurappa government in the
confidence vote is a triumph of democracy and a slap on the
face of the Congress-JD (S) combine and their co-conspirator,
Governor H R Bhardwaj," Naidu said.
Describing the decision of the Speaker to disqualify
the dissident MLAs as "historic", he said the decision would
go a long way in "arresting unethical acts of defectors and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Nearly two lakh students appear for JEE (Advanced) exam
- Greek parliament approves controversial new bailout measures
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`