Minister Rahman Khan calls Modi unstable on `puppy
Bangalore: Slamming Narendra Modi`s remarks on Gujarat riots, Union Minority Affairs Minister Rahman Khan on Saturday described the Gujarat Chief Minister as "a frustrated person" who was not stable.
"He (Modi) is not a stable man. He doesn`t know what he wants to convey to the people. Sometimes he is a Hindu nationalist and sometimes a nationalist," he told reporters here on the sidelines of an event here.
Modi had stirred up a political storm by saying in an interview that he had done "absolutely the right thing" during the 2002 Gujarat riots and describing himself as a "Hindu nationalist".
The Gujarat strongman`s comment that even if a "puppy comes under the wheel of a car, one feels sad", also drew sharp condemnation with political rivals including Congress and SP, calling his remarks as "insensitive and reflection of his mindset" over the death of Muslims in 2002 post-Godhra riots.
Going into damage control mode, Modi had tweeted that all forms of life are valued and worshipped in Indian culture, while BJP defended him by saying "a controversy has been created where it does not exist."
"It reflects the person`s thinking. It also shows he (Modi) is a frustrated person," Khan said.
"No statesman can give such a statement and hence the less said the better," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!