Minister Rahman Khan calls Modi unstable on `puppy
Bangalore: Slamming Narendra Modi`s remarks on Gujarat riots, Union Minority Affairs Minister Rahman Khan on Saturday described the Gujarat Chief Minister as "a frustrated person" who was not stable.
"He (Modi) is not a stable man. He doesn`t know what he wants to convey to the people. Sometimes he is a Hindu nationalist and sometimes a nationalist," he told reporters here on the sidelines of an event here.
Modi had stirred up a political storm by saying in an interview that he had done "absolutely the right thing" during the 2002 Gujarat riots and describing himself as a "Hindu nationalist".
The Gujarat strongman`s comment that even if a "puppy comes under the wheel of a car, one feels sad", also drew sharp condemnation with political rivals including Congress and SP, calling his remarks as "insensitive and reflection of his mindset" over the death of Muslims in 2002 post-Godhra riots.
Going into damage control mode, Modi had tweeted that all forms of life are valued and worshipped in Indian culture, while BJP defended him by saying "a controversy has been created where it does not exist."
"It reflects the person`s thinking. It also shows he (Modi) is a frustrated person," Khan said.
"No statesman can give such a statement and hence the less said the better," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand