Modi threatens to sue Karnataka local Cong leader
Bangalore: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has threatened to initiate legal proceedings against a local Congress leader for serving a notice asking him to apologise and withdraw his remarks calling Prime Minister Manmohan Singh a "night watchman" of the Gandhi family.
Replying to the legal notice issued last month by former Pradesh Congress Member K K Benson, Modi, through his advocates K N Subba Reddy and Vivek Reddy, asked him not to initiate any "false, frivolous and adventuristic complaint against him."
"Inspite of this advice, if you (Benson) were to institute any such false and frivolous complaint..., I will not only be constrained to defend the same, but also initiate appropriate legal proceedings against you, both civil and criminal, at your sole risk and cost," Modi said in the reply.
Modi termed as not true the statement that by calling the PM as "night watchman" he has insulted, degraded and defamed him in public and added that the demand that he apologise for it "is wholly untenable."
Benson had served a legal notice to Modi asking him to apologise and withdraw his remarks calling Prime Minister a "night watchman" of the Sonia Gandhi family.
Without naming Manmohan Singh, Modi on March 3 had said the Congress appointed a "night watchman" to keep the seat warm for the first family of the Congress.
"They did not realise that the night will be so long and dark. As a buffer, they appointed an economist to the post," Modi had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future