NBW against Karnataka forest Minister
Bangalore: A local court here has issued a non bailable warrant against Karnataka Forest Minister CP Yogeshwar after he failed to appear before it in connection with Mega City Scam cases filed against him.
The court also adjourned the cases to September 3.
The First Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate court court trying special economic offences issued the NBW against Yogeshwar recently.
Yogeshwar was allegedly involved in 14 cases concerning the Mega City (Bangalore) Builders and Developers Ltd (MDBL), an entity floated by him in April 2009.
The firm had shown an amount of Rs 37.22 crore as paid to sundry debtors (miscellaneous small or infrequent customers who are not assigned individual ledger accounts but classified as a group) during 2005-06. It was shown as advance paid for purchase of land for Vajragiri project launched by MDBL between 1995-96 and 2005-06.
It was later found that no land was acquired by Yogeshwar`s real estate company though such fraudulent deeds was shown in its account.
In this connection cases were filed against by the Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
Besides this, the Minister has also been facing a criminal case filed by a subsidiary company of Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise Limited (NICE) on the charge of cheating it of Rs. 2 crore and breach of trust.
The complaint was lodged in the Vidhana Soudha Police Station by Ashok Kheny, Director of Nandi Engineering Limited which is constructing the Bangalore Mysore Infrastructure Project.
Yogeshwar, who was then developing the Megacity Project on the outskirts of the city, is alleged to have approached the company assuring them of transfer of his land for the project in 2005.
The complaint alleged that Yogeshwar summoned them to Legislators`Home for final negotiations, after which his company had issued two cheques for Rs 1 crore each in January 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow