NBW against Karnataka forest Minister
Bangalore: A local court here has issued a non bailable warrant against Karnataka Forest Minister CP Yogeshwar after he failed to appear before it in connection with Mega City Scam cases filed against him.
The court also adjourned the cases to September 3.
The First Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate court court trying special economic offences issued the NBW against Yogeshwar recently.
Yogeshwar was allegedly involved in 14 cases concerning the Mega City (Bangalore) Builders and Developers Ltd (MDBL), an entity floated by him in April 2009.
The firm had shown an amount of Rs 37.22 crore as paid to sundry debtors (miscellaneous small or infrequent customers who are not assigned individual ledger accounts but classified as a group) during 2005-06. It was shown as advance paid for purchase of land for Vajragiri project launched by MDBL between 1995-96 and 2005-06.
It was later found that no land was acquired by Yogeshwar`s real estate company though such fraudulent deeds was shown in its account.
In this connection cases were filed against by the Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
Besides this, the Minister has also been facing a criminal case filed by a subsidiary company of Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise Limited (NICE) on the charge of cheating it of Rs. 2 crore and breach of trust.
The complaint was lodged in the Vidhana Soudha Police Station by Ashok Kheny, Director of Nandi Engineering Limited which is constructing the Bangalore Mysore Infrastructure Project.
Yogeshwar, who was then developing the Megacity Project on the outskirts of the city, is alleged to have approached the company assuring them of transfer of his land for the project in 2005.
The complaint alleged that Yogeshwar summoned them to Legislators`Home for final negotiations, after which his company had issued two cheques for Rs 1 crore each in January 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam