NLSIU prepares draft anti-superstition bill for Karnataka govt
Bangalore: The Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy of National Law School of India University has prepared a draft model legislation -- The Karnataka Prevention of Superstitious Practices Bill, 2013 -- on the invitation of the state government.
It would be submitted to Chief Minister Siddaramaiah in the presence of Social Welfare Minister H Anjaneya and Law Minister T B Jayachandra here tomorrow, CSSEIP Director Dr S Japhet said.
A delegation of some of the experts who contributed in the making of the report, including G Ramakrishna, K Marulasiddappa, Siddalingaiah, Nitin Ramesh, Srijoni, Sanhita, Aravind Malagatti, A S Nataraj, C S Hanumanthappa, Vasundara Bhupathi, B T Lalitha Nayak, V S Sreedhara and Japhet, would also be present, it was stated.
"The report which consists of the draft bill (English and Kannada version), a policy frame work and a concept note is a result of a rigorous research and several rounds of consultations with eminent thinkers and legal experts within and outside Karnataka for about a month", a CSSEIP statement said.
"We hope that we have completed the task in a professional way in response to the invitation of the Government of Karnataka".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA