NLSIU prepares draft anti-superstition bill for Karnataka govt
Bangalore: The Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy of National Law School of India University has prepared a draft model legislation -- The Karnataka Prevention of Superstitious Practices Bill, 2013 -- on the invitation of the state government.
It would be submitted to Chief Minister Siddaramaiah in the presence of Social Welfare Minister H Anjaneya and Law Minister T B Jayachandra here tomorrow, CSSEIP Director Dr S Japhet said.
A delegation of some of the experts who contributed in the making of the report, including G Ramakrishna, K Marulasiddappa, Siddalingaiah, Nitin Ramesh, Srijoni, Sanhita, Aravind Malagatti, A S Nataraj, C S Hanumanthappa, Vasundara Bhupathi, B T Lalitha Nayak, V S Sreedhara and Japhet, would also be present, it was stated.
"The report which consists of the draft bill (English and Kannada version), a policy frame work and a concept note is a result of a rigorous research and several rounds of consultations with eminent thinkers and legal experts within and outside Karnataka for about a month", a CSSEIP statement said.
"We hope that we have completed the task in a professional way in response to the invitation of the Government of Karnataka".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- 'India stalling dialogue with Pakistan to avoid negotiations on Kashmir'
- Cancer woes: Parsley, dill can actually be the cure!
- Spine chilling! French swimmer Yannick Agnel promises to swim around the Nordic island if Iceland win Euro 2016
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 second flash sale on July 5; registrations open
- Opal-studded meteorite points towards evolution of water on Earth!