Not violated election code of conduct: Somanna
Bangalore: Housing Minister V Somanna on Monday denied he violated election code of conduct in regard to his statement enhancing rice and wheat quota under PDS, saying there is nothing new in it.
On Friday as Minister for Food and Civil Supplies, he had talked about enhancing the quota and said it would come into effect after the Zilla and Taluk Panchayat elections.
Somanna was divested of the portfolio and was given the Housing portfolio on Saturday.
The State Election Commission served him a notice, seeking his explanation on his statement.
Speaking to reporters here today, Somanna sought to downplay his statement, saying: "there is nothing new (in my statement). I have only repeated the announcements made earlier. Everybody knows it".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore