Not violated election code of conduct: Somanna
Bangalore: Housing Minister V Somanna on Monday denied he violated election code of conduct in regard to his statement enhancing rice and wheat quota under PDS, saying there is nothing new in it.
On Friday as Minister for Food and Civil Supplies, he had talked about enhancing the quota and said it would come into effect after the Zilla and Taluk Panchayat elections.
Somanna was divested of the portfolio and was given the Housing portfolio on Saturday.
The State Election Commission served him a notice, seeking his explanation on his statement.
Speaking to reporters here today, Somanna sought to downplay his statement, saying: "there is nothing new (in my statement). I have only repeated the announcements made earlier. Everybody knows it".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers