Political parties celebrate Hyderabad Liberation Day
Hyderabad: The `Hyderabad Liberation Day` was celebrated by ruling Congress, main opposition TDP, BJP and TRS in Andhra Pradesh on Tuesday.
Former state Congress unit president and MLC D Srinivas hoisted the national flag at Gandhi Bhavan, the state party headquarters.
TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu, who hoisted the tri-colour at the party office, claimed that the credit for developing Hyderabad and Telangana region goes to TDP.
The subsequent Congress regime stopped the development in the city and now created uncertainty in the region, he alleged.
BJP, which has demanded official celebration of the Hyderabad Liberation Day, said it would celebrate the event in a grandiose fashion in every village after the formation of proposed Telangana.
State BJP unit president G Kishan Reddy unfurled the national flag at the statue of late Sardar Patel near Legislative Assembly building.
The erstwhile Hyderabad was liberated from the Nizam rule and merged with the Indian Union on September 17, 1948.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- India remembers Kargil War hero Captain Anuj Nayyar who died in 1999
- Who are you? Guide to top seeds` rivals at 2016 US Open
- Low oxygen level kills thousands of peanut bunker fish in Keansburg marina- Watch!
- Dilshan equalled services of Jayawardena, Sangakkara for Sri Lankan cricket: Mathews
- Egypt frees renowned rights lawyer Malek Adly