Political parties celebrate Hyderabad Liberation Day
Hyderabad: The `Hyderabad Liberation Day` was celebrated by ruling Congress, main opposition TDP, BJP and TRS in Andhra Pradesh on Tuesday.
Former state Congress unit president and MLC D Srinivas hoisted the national flag at Gandhi Bhavan, the state party headquarters.
TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu, who hoisted the tri-colour at the party office, claimed that the credit for developing Hyderabad and Telangana region goes to TDP.
The subsequent Congress regime stopped the development in the city and now created uncertainty in the region, he alleged.
BJP, which has demanded official celebration of the Hyderabad Liberation Day, said it would celebrate the event in a grandiose fashion in every village after the formation of proposed Telangana.
State BJP unit president G Kishan Reddy unfurled the national flag at the statue of late Sardar Patel near Legislative Assembly building.
The erstwhile Hyderabad was liberated from the Nizam rule and merged with the Indian Union on September 17, 1948.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief