Political parties celebrate Hyderabad Liberation Day
Hyderabad: The `Hyderabad Liberation Day` was celebrated by ruling Congress, main opposition TDP, BJP and TRS in Andhra Pradesh on Tuesday.
Former state Congress unit president and MLC D Srinivas hoisted the national flag at Gandhi Bhavan, the state party headquarters.
TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu, who hoisted the tri-colour at the party office, claimed that the credit for developing Hyderabad and Telangana region goes to TDP.
The subsequent Congress regime stopped the development in the city and now created uncertainty in the region, he alleged.
BJP, which has demanded official celebration of the Hyderabad Liberation Day, said it would celebrate the event in a grandiose fashion in every village after the formation of proposed Telangana.
State BJP unit president G Kishan Reddy unfurled the national flag at the statue of late Sardar Patel near Legislative Assembly building.
The erstwhile Hyderabad was liberated from the Nizam rule and merged with the Indian Union on September 17, 1948.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says