Political parties celebrate Hyderabad Liberation Day
Hyderabad: The `Hyderabad Liberation Day` was celebrated by ruling Congress, main opposition TDP, BJP and TRS in Andhra Pradesh on Tuesday.
Former state Congress unit president and MLC D Srinivas hoisted the national flag at Gandhi Bhavan, the state party headquarters.
TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu, who hoisted the tri-colour at the party office, claimed that the credit for developing Hyderabad and Telangana region goes to TDP.
The subsequent Congress regime stopped the development in the city and now created uncertainty in the region, he alleged.
BJP, which has demanded official celebration of the Hyderabad Liberation Day, said it would celebrate the event in a grandiose fashion in every village after the formation of proposed Telangana.
State BJP unit president G Kishan Reddy unfurled the national flag at the statue of late Sardar Patel near Legislative Assembly building.
The erstwhile Hyderabad was liberated from the Nizam rule and merged with the Indian Union on September 17, 1948.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself