Prove charge or resign: JD-S leader tells Yeddyurappa
Bangalore: JD-S legislature party leader in
Karnataka Assembly H D Revanna today asked Chief Minister B S
Yeddyurappa to resign if he failed to prove the allegation
that relatives of his predecessor H D Kumaraswamy were
involved in illegal exports of iron ore.
Revanna, son of former prime minister H D Devegowda and
brother of Kumaraswamy, dared the Chief Minister to provide
documents to the Karnataka Lokayukta which is probing the
The Chief Minister has been levelling baseless charges
against Deve Gowda and his family, Revanna alleged.
"Yeddyurappa must prove his charge or resign from the post,"
Revanna alleged that the BJP Government had been misusing
the administrative machinery by announcing various schemes
community-wise in the run-up to the byelections to two
Assembly constituencies and demanded that the Election
Commission deploy central observers to prevent violation of
the model code of conduct by the ruling party.
Yeddyurappa had promised construction of community halls
to Naik and Bhovi communities in villages, Revanna alleged.
He also alleged that the ruling party was distributing
money to voters in Kadur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister