Sixty-year old man held for raping teenage girl
Bellary: A sixty-year old man allegedly raped a 19-year old before dumping her at a deserted place from where she was rescued in an unconscious state two days later, police said on Sunday.
A contractor, H Abubakar of Hagaribommanahalli, was arrested today on a complaint from the parents of the girl, who has been hospitalised and is yet to regain consciousness.
He had allegedly kidnapped and raped the girl, also a resident of the same village, on February 1, police said.
After committing the crime, the man threw the girl at a deserted place on the same day in a state of unconsciousness, police said. She was noticed by some people after two days, they added.
The victim had been admitted to a private hospital in Davanagere and was still unconscious, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- Durga Puja forces BCCI to revise India-New Zealand Test series itinerary
- Turkish PM retracts compensation offer for downed Russia jet
- AAP will win 35 of Goa's 40 seats in Assembly polls: Arvind Kejriwal
- Rio Olympics 2016: World No.1 golfer Jason Day withdraws over Zika virus fears
- Banks asset quality stress needs to be dealt first: RBI Governor