Sixty-year old man held for raping teenage girl
Bellary: A sixty-year old man allegedly raped a 19-year old before dumping her at a deserted place from where she was rescued in an unconscious state two days later, police said on Sunday.
A contractor, H Abubakar of Hagaribommanahalli, was arrested today on a complaint from the parents of the girl, who has been hospitalised and is yet to regain consciousness.
He had allegedly kidnapped and raped the girl, also a resident of the same village, on February 1, police said.
After committing the crime, the man threw the girl at a deserted place on the same day in a state of unconsciousness, police said. She was noticed by some people after two days, they added.
The victim had been admitted to a private hospital in Davanagere and was still unconscious, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars