Students accuse teacher of sexual harassment
Bangalore: A private school teacher in Bangalore allegedly sexually harassed his students.
The accused Baravraj, a Hindi school teacher, used to harass his students by passing lewd remarks and physically abusing them. The girl students alleged that the teacher `sexually harassed` them and threatened that he would fail them in exams if they informed anyone.
When some of his victims refused to go to school, the incident came to light and a case was registered against the accused. The accused had joined the school a month ago. The teacher was earlier also warned by the school headmaster for `sexually harassing` the girl students.
A case has been registered under IPC section 354 (relating to outraging modesty of woman) against the accused on complaint of the students. The hunt is on for the absconding accused.
“The teacher was absconding and a search was on. He would be arrested soon,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (West) Siddaramappa said.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP workers abusing Dayashankar's wife, daughter: BJP
- Kabali movie review: Rajinikanth is the driving force in this otherwise trite tale!
- AN-32 aircraft with 29 aboard missing; Indian Air Force intensifies search operation
- Milo Yiannopoulos Twitter ban: WikiLeaks threatens to start its own micro-blogging service
- Critically rare white African lion cub born in Texas zoo- See pic!