Two Maha buses attacked in Belgaum district
Belgaum: A Maharastra State Road Transport Corporation bus was set on fire and another pelted with stones by miscreants at two different places in the district protesting the "Maha Melva" being organised by Maharastra Ekikran Samithi (MES) on Sunday.
In Chikkodi taluk, some activists belonging to a pro-Kannada outfit set fire to a MSRTC bus after asking the passengers to get down. A hunt was on to nab the culprits, police said.
The window panes of another MSRTC bus was damaged when miscreants pelted stones in Nippani town, they said adding two persons have been arrested in connection with the incident. Police were on the look out for some others.
Pro-Kannada outfits have protesting against the MES convention to be held here tomorrow.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on