Two Maha buses attacked in Belgaum district
Belgaum: A Maharastra State Road Transport Corporation bus was set on fire and another pelted with stones by miscreants at two different places in the district protesting the "Maha Melva" being organised by Maharastra Ekikran Samithi (MES) on Sunday.
In Chikkodi taluk, some activists belonging to a pro-Kannada outfit set fire to a MSRTC bus after asking the passengers to get down. A hunt was on to nab the culprits, police said.
The window panes of another MSRTC bus was damaged when miscreants pelted stones in Nippani town, they said adding two persons have been arrested in connection with the incident. Police were on the look out for some others.
Pro-Kannada outfits have protesting against the MES convention to be held here tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price