Two Maha buses attacked in Belgaum district
Belgaum: A Maharastra State Road Transport Corporation bus was set on fire and another pelted with stones by miscreants at two different places in the district protesting the "Maha Melva" being organised by Maharastra Ekikran Samithi (MES) on Sunday.
In Chikkodi taluk, some activists belonging to a pro-Kannada outfit set fire to a MSRTC bus after asking the passengers to get down. A hunt was on to nab the culprits, police said.
The window panes of another MSRTC bus was damaged when miscreants pelted stones in Nippani town, they said adding two persons have been arrested in connection with the incident. Police were on the look out for some others.
Pro-Kannada outfits have protesting against the MES convention to be held here tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed