Two Maha buses attacked in Belgaum district
Belgaum: A Maharastra State Road Transport Corporation bus was set on fire and another pelted with stones by miscreants at two different places in the district protesting the "Maha Melva" being organised by Maharastra Ekikran Samithi (MES) on Sunday.
In Chikkodi taluk, some activists belonging to a pro-Kannada outfit set fire to a MSRTC bus after asking the passengers to get down. A hunt was on to nab the culprits, police said.
The window panes of another MSRTC bus was damaged when miscreants pelted stones in Nippani town, they said adding two persons have been arrested in connection with the incident. Police were on the look out for some others.
Pro-Kannada outfits have protesting against the MES convention to be held here tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital