Two Maha buses attacked in Belgaum district
Belgaum: A Maharastra State Road Transport Corporation bus was set on fire and another pelted with stones by miscreants at two different places in the district protesting the "Maha Melva" being organised by Maharastra Ekikran Samithi (MES) on Sunday.
In Chikkodi taluk, some activists belonging to a pro-Kannada outfit set fire to a MSRTC bus after asking the passengers to get down. A hunt was on to nab the culprits, police said.
The window panes of another MSRTC bus was damaged when miscreants pelted stones in Nippani town, they said adding two persons have been arrested in connection with the incident. Police were on the look out for some others.
Pro-Kannada outfits have protesting against the MES convention to be held here tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice