Yeddy`s anticipatory bail plea adjourned to Aug 22
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Thursday
adjourned till August 22 hearing of the anticipatory bail
applications filed by former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa in
The first case related to a private complaint alleging
irregularities in denotification of land acquired by the
Bangalore Development Authority, in which Yeddyurappa had been
issued summons by the Lokayukta court on August 8.
The other case was on a complaint charging him with
financial irregularities in award of tenders on Upper Bhadra
project to a private firm.
In the first case, senior counsel for the petitioner
(Yeddyurappa) sought to make Sirajin Basha, the city-based
advocate who had filed the complaint against him, a party and
filed a memo to this effect.
In the second complaint filed by JDS spokesperson Y S V
Dutta in which an FIR has already been filed, Justice L
Narayana Swamy granted time till August 22 to Lokayukta police
probing the case, to file its objections and adjourned hearing
of both applications.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok