Yeddy`s anticipatory bail plea adjourned to Aug 22
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Thursday
adjourned till August 22 hearing of the anticipatory bail
applications filed by former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa in
The first case related to a private complaint alleging
irregularities in denotification of land acquired by the
Bangalore Development Authority, in which Yeddyurappa had been
issued summons by the Lokayukta court on August 8.
The other case was on a complaint charging him with
financial irregularities in award of tenders on Upper Bhadra
project to a private firm.
In the first case, senior counsel for the petitioner
(Yeddyurappa) sought to make Sirajin Basha, the city-based
advocate who had filed the complaint against him, a party and
filed a memo to this effect.
In the second complaint filed by JDS spokesperson Y S V
Dutta in which an FIR has already been filed, Justice L
Narayana Swamy granted time till August 22 to Lokayukta police
probing the case, to file its objections and adjourned hearing
of both applications.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt