Yeddy`s anticipatory bail plea adjourned to Aug 22
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court on Thursday
adjourned till August 22 hearing of the anticipatory bail
applications filed by former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa in
The first case related to a private complaint alleging
irregularities in denotification of land acquired by the
Bangalore Development Authority, in which Yeddyurappa had been
issued summons by the Lokayukta court on August 8.
The other case was on a complaint charging him with
financial irregularities in award of tenders on Upper Bhadra
project to a private firm.
In the first case, senior counsel for the petitioner
(Yeddyurappa) sought to make Sirajin Basha, the city-based
advocate who had filed the complaint against him, a party and
filed a memo to this effect.
In the second complaint filed by JDS spokesperson Y S V
Dutta in which an FIR has already been filed, Justice L
Narayana Swamy granted time till August 22 to Lokayukta police
probing the case, to file its objections and adjourned hearing
of both applications.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30