Yeddyurappa appears before Lokayukta court
Bangalore: Former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa on Friday appeared before the Lokayukta court in connection with an illegal land denotification case.
Besides Yeddyurappa, his two sons BY Raghavendra and BY Vijayendra, son-in-law Sohan Kumar and three other accused also appeared before Lokayukta Court judge NK Sudhindra Rao in the case filed on the fourth private complaint by advocate Sirajin Basha.
The court adjourned the case to April 12 for further hearing.
All the accused, who have already been granted anticipatory bail by the Karnataka High Court in this case, appeared in the court in response to summons issued by it on February 23.
The case pertains to alleged illegal denotifcation of government land in Hebbal, Sreerampura and allotment of site in RMC-II stage.
This is the third private complaint out of the five in
which Yeddyurappa has been issued summons. In October last, he
was sent to judicial custody when he appeared before the court
in two corruption cases. He was subsequently released on bail.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane