Yeddyurappa loyalists launch signature campaign
Bangalore: Seeking to mount pressure on the
BJP central leadership, a group of party MLAs loyal to former
chief minister BS Yeddyurappa on Thursday launched a signature
campaign to press their demand for a `suitable position` to
An MLA, leading the campaign coming in the backdrop of the
party high command cold shouldering Yeddyurappa`s demand,
claimed about 25 legislators had already signed the
The leader refusing to be identified said, MLAs loyal to
Yeddyurappa would meet here on February 8 and later lead a
delegation to BJP President Nitin Gadkari to present their
The Yeddyurappa loyalists wanted the BJP leadership to
convene a legislature party meet and seek the opinion of MLAs
on the issue of who should lead the party in the next year
Yeddyurappa had set two deadlines so far to the party
high command to concede his demand for a "position", but the
BJP had ignored them.
The saffron party high command, according to BJP sources,
had told Yeddyurappa that it would consider his demand after
he comes clean in the corruption cases against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre