Yeddyurappa praises Gandhi family, slams Gadkari
Bangalore: Heaping embarrassment on the BJP, former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa on Friday praised the Nehru-Gandhi family leadership and ridiculed his own party chief Nitin Gadkari for going back on his words.
"The Congress leadership - from Pandit Nehru to Sonia Gandhi - keep the promises they have made for their party leaders. This is a great quality," Yeddyurappa said here as Gadkari and other BJP leaders attended a party meet at Surajkund in Haryana.
"Till Atal Behari Vajpayee`s time, this was the case in BJP also. But not now," said Yeddyurappa, whose efforts to become chief minister again or to be made state BJP chief have been rebuffed by Gadkari and others.
The Bharatiya Janata Party`s first chief minister in the state, who quit in July 2011 over mining bribery charges, Yeddyruppa slammed Gadkari for making lofty speeches but acting otherwise.
Referring to Gadkari`s speech at Surajkund that the "party was above the individual", he said he did not need the BJP to become the chief minister again.
Strongly hinting that he has made up his mind to quit BJP, he accused Gadkari of "encouraging confusion" in the state unit.
He also attacked LK Advani, saying the senior BJP leader was acting according to the wishes of party general secretary and Bangalore South Lok Sabha member HN Ananth Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Direct entry for Hindu migrants from Pakistan, Bangladesh in MBBS, BE courses
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: NADA hearing to continue on Thursday
- Govt says only pulses prices have increased; Opposition protests
- RBI imposes Rs 27-crore penalty on 13 banks
- ACHIEVEMENT! Anurag Thakur to join Territorial Army; will be 1st serving BJP MP to join military force