Yeddyurappa praises Gandhi family, slams Gadkari
Bangalore: Heaping embarrassment on the BJP, former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa on Friday praised the Nehru-Gandhi family leadership and ridiculed his own party chief Nitin Gadkari for going back on his words.
"The Congress leadership - from Pandit Nehru to Sonia Gandhi - keep the promises they have made for their party leaders. This is a great quality," Yeddyurappa said here as Gadkari and other BJP leaders attended a party meet at Surajkund in Haryana.
"Till Atal Behari Vajpayee`s time, this was the case in BJP also. But not now," said Yeddyurappa, whose efforts to become chief minister again or to be made state BJP chief have been rebuffed by Gadkari and others.
The Bharatiya Janata Party`s first chief minister in the state, who quit in July 2011 over mining bribery charges, Yeddyruppa slammed Gadkari for making lofty speeches but acting otherwise.
Referring to Gadkari`s speech at Surajkund that the "party was above the individual", he said he did not need the BJP to become the chief minister again.
Strongly hinting that he has made up his mind to quit BJP, he accused Gadkari of "encouraging confusion" in the state unit.
He also attacked LK Advani, saying the senior BJP leader was acting according to the wishes of party general secretary and Bangalore South Lok Sabha member HN Ananth Kumar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview