Abhaya case: Delaying tactics by accused irks CJM
Kochi: A local court trying the Sister
Abhaya case today criticised the accused for attempting to
delay proceedings by seeking copies of certain documents.
Sister Abhaya was found dead in the well of the St Pius
Convent in Kottayam in 1992.
The Ernakulam Chief Judicial Magistrate K A Baby, orally
made the observation while dismissing a petition filed by the
accused-- Father Thomas Kottoor, Father Jose Puthrikayil and
Sister Sephy, seeking copies of certain documents, including
those of case diary filed by the police and crime branch,
which first investigated the case.
The court held that the documents sought by the accused
were not of any importance.
The case has been posted to October 5.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug