Aranmulla airport will be perennial threat to temple, HC told
Kochi: Kerala High Court was on Friday informed that the proposed Rs 2,000 crore Aranmulla Airport project may be a `perennial threat` to the Sri Parthasarthy temple.
"The project may be a pernicious and a perennial threat to the sublime sacredness and sereneness of the temple and its continued existence for the benefit of generations to come," the Aranmulla Airport Advocate Commissioner said in his report to the court.
Subash Chand, the Advocate commissioner, appointed by the court, also stated that with airport being in close proximity of the temple, there could be pollution to the shrine and it would also tamper with several ancient customary, religious rituals and practises of the temple.
The proposal for lighting the golden mast (Kodimaram) will be against tantric stipulations, he stated.
The report was filed on suo motu proceedings initiated by the court on the basis of report of Devasom ombudsman to the effect that proposed project may cause hindrance to the temple and its gold mast.
The KGS Group, the project promoters, had earlier informed the court that the Flagmast, Gopuram or any other structure of the temple need not be touched, modified or displaced for the construction of the airport.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside