Attack on lecturer: SIT questions MD of publishing company
Muvattupuzha: The Special Investigation Team has questioned a top executive of a
multimedia publishing company in connection with the attack on a college lecturer, whose right hand was chopped off allegedly by activists of radical outfit PFI.
M Usman, MD, Multimedia Publishing Co, which publishes `Thejas` daily, was quizzed yesterday as the SIT had found that some of the company`s workers were allegedly involved in a conspiracy to attack TJ Joseph for preparing a question paper with alleged derogatory references to Prophet Mohammad and helped the culprits escape after the incident, police said.
The SIT had asked Usman to furnish details of the numbers of mobile and land phones provided by his company to its workers to trace call details, police said.
Usman handed over 43 SIM cards to the officials during questioning.
The SIT had earlier questioned Popular Front of India state president Nazarudeen Elamaram and Prof P Koya, Editor of `Thejas`, the mouthpiece of PFI.
Joseph was attacked on July 4 when he was returning home with his family after attending prayers at a church.
So far, 25 persons have been arrested in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie