Attack on lecturer: SIT questions MD of publishing company
Muvattupuzha: The Special Investigation Team has questioned a top executive of a
multimedia publishing company in connection with the attack on a college lecturer, whose right hand was chopped off allegedly by activists of radical outfit PFI.
M Usman, MD, Multimedia Publishing Co, which publishes `Thejas` daily, was quizzed yesterday as the SIT had found that some of the company`s workers were allegedly involved in a conspiracy to attack TJ Joseph for preparing a question paper with alleged derogatory references to Prophet Mohammad and helped the culprits escape after the incident, police said.
The SIT had asked Usman to furnish details of the numbers of mobile and land phones provided by his company to its workers to trace call details, police said.
Usman handed over 43 SIM cards to the officials during questioning.
The SIT had earlier questioned Popular Front of India state president Nazarudeen Elamaram and Prof P Koya, Editor of `Thejas`, the mouthpiece of PFI.
Joseph was attacked on July 4 when he was returning home with his family after attending prayers at a church.
So far, 25 persons have been arrested in connection with the case.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information