Attack on lecturer: SIT questions MD of publishing company
Muvattupuzha: The Special Investigation Team has questioned a top executive of a
multimedia publishing company in connection with the attack on a college lecturer, whose right hand was chopped off allegedly by activists of radical outfit PFI.
M Usman, MD, Multimedia Publishing Co, which publishes `Thejas` daily, was quizzed yesterday as the SIT had found that some of the company`s workers were allegedly involved in a conspiracy to attack TJ Joseph for preparing a question paper with alleged derogatory references to Prophet Mohammad and helped the culprits escape after the incident, police said.
The SIT had asked Usman to furnish details of the numbers of mobile and land phones provided by his company to its workers to trace call details, police said.
Usman handed over 43 SIM cards to the officials during questioning.
The SIT had earlier questioned Popular Front of India state president Nazarudeen Elamaram and Prof P Koya, Editor of `Thejas`, the mouthpiece of PFI.
Joseph was attacked on July 4 when he was returning home with his family after attending prayers at a church.
So far, 25 persons have been arrested in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?