Bail plea of CPI-M functionaries adjourned
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Tuesday postponed to June 26 the bail applications of two CPI-M functionaries arrested in connection with the murder of Marxist rebel and Revolutionary Marxist Party (RMP) leader TP Chandrasekharan.
When the petitions by CH Ashokan, CPI-M Onchiyam area committee secretary, and KK Krishnan, area committee member seeking bail came up before Justice NK Balakrishnan, counsel for accused requested adjournment to June 26, which was accepted by the court.
The petitioners submitted they had been falsely implicated in the case, allegedly following a political conspiracy by the ruling front. The murder was committed at the instance of an unknown businessman, whose bottling plant project had been opposed by Chandrasekharan, they stated.
They said the deceased was at the forefront of a protest against a drinking water bottling plant at Azhiyoor. Since it could not be started, the businessman vented his anger by getting the RMP leader murdered.
The petitioners also alleged that the businessman had a nexus with the Congress party.
They contended that there were persistent attempts by Congress leaders, both in the state and central government right from the beginning of the investigation, to level false and frivolous charges against CPI-M to `destroy` the party in the state, especially in Malabar.
Chandrasekharan, a former CPI-M leader from the party stronghold of Onchiyam in Kozhikode district, was murdered at Vallikkad near Vatakara on May 4. He was expelled a few years ago after falling out with the CPI-M leadership and later floated the Revolutionary Marxist Party.
Some CPI-M functionaries have been arrested in connection with the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack