BJP takes dig at VS, Pinarayi over `Gujarat model`
Thiruvananthapuram: Joining issue with Kerala Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan and CPI-M state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan over their rejection of `Gujarat model` of development, BJP state chief V Muraleedharan on Monday said the Left party was scared of the pace of progress made by the western state under Narendra Modi.
"CPI-M leaders are at pains to accept the fact that Gujarat`s growth in industrial, agriculture and service sectors is well above other states," the BJP leader told reporters here.
Achuthanandan had stated two days back that the Gujarat model of pledging soil, water and real estate to business interests could not be replicated in Kerala.
His statement was interpreted in sections of media as a dig at CPI-M state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan who had spoken about easing controls on the way of clearances for projects in his address at the international congress on Kerala studies here last week.
However, Vijayan yesterday came out with a clarification that the state he meant was Tamil Nadu and not Gujarat as made out by the media.
The BJP leader said the statements of CPI-M leaders betrayed their prejudice towards the Modi government, which had been following an investment-friendly industrial policy which had yielded substantial results.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply