Capt Mathai assumes office as Naval officer in charge of Kerala
Kochi: Captain Simon Mathai on Thursday assumed Office as Naval Officer in Charge, Kerala.
He took over from Commodore MR Ajayakumar, who will continue to be Commanding Officer of INS Venduruthy.
The Naval Officer in Charge Kerala is responsible to the Flag Officer Commanding in Chief, Southern Naval Command for the coastal defence of Kerala, a Naval press release said.
Commissioned into the Indian Navy in 1990, Capt Mathai is a gunnery specialist and an alumnus of Rashtriya Indian Military College, Dehradun and National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla. His sea tenures include commands of warships Chamak and Magar.
Captain Mathai served as Command Gunnery Officer of Eastern Naval Command when he was appointed as Naval Officer in Charge Kerala. He has also been awarded the Nao Sena Medal.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death