Capt Mathai assumes office as Naval officer in charge of Kerala
Kochi: Captain Simon Mathai on Thursday assumed Office as Naval Officer in Charge, Kerala.
He took over from Commodore MR Ajayakumar, who will continue to be Commanding Officer of INS Venduruthy.
The Naval Officer in Charge Kerala is responsible to the Flag Officer Commanding in Chief, Southern Naval Command for the coastal defence of Kerala, a Naval press release said.
Commissioned into the Indian Navy in 1990, Capt Mathai is a gunnery specialist and an alumnus of Rashtriya Indian Military College, Dehradun and National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla. His sea tenures include commands of warships Chamak and Magar.
Captain Mathai served as Command Gunnery Officer of Eastern Naval Command when he was appointed as Naval Officer in Charge Kerala. He has also been awarded the Nao Sena Medal.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi