Centre assures assistance to Kerala for modernising PDS
New Delhi: The Centre on Thursday assured Kerala of all possible assistance in its ongoing drive for computerisation of the Public Distribution System (PDS).
Food Minister KV Thomas also assured Kerala Chief
Minister Oomen Chandy of all possible help in the development
of a biometric-based foodgrains distribution system.
"The Centre will provide all possible support to Kerala
for its ongoing computerisation of PDS. It will provide more
assistance for increasing warehouse capacity and developing a
biometric-based food grain distribution system," an official
Chandy and a delegation of senior officials met Thomas
today and held discussions on foodgrain allocation to Kerala
under various central schemes, it added.
During the meeting, strengthening of the Bureau of Indian
Standards` (BIS) activities, increasing foodgrain storage and
its timely movement were also discussed.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place