Centre assures assistance to Kerala for modernising PDS
New Delhi: The Centre on Thursday assured Kerala of all possible assistance in its ongoing drive for computerisation of the Public Distribution System (PDS).
Food Minister KV Thomas also assured Kerala Chief
Minister Oomen Chandy of all possible help in the development
of a biometric-based foodgrains distribution system.
"The Centre will provide all possible support to Kerala
for its ongoing computerisation of PDS. It will provide more
assistance for increasing warehouse capacity and developing a
biometric-based food grain distribution system," an official
Chandy and a delegation of senior officials met Thomas
today and held discussions on foodgrain allocation to Kerala
under various central schemes, it added.
During the meeting, strengthening of the Bureau of Indian
Standards` (BIS) activities, increasing foodgrain storage and
its timely movement were also discussed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane