Centre assures assistance to Kerala for modernising PDS
New Delhi: The Centre on Thursday assured Kerala of all possible assistance in its ongoing drive for computerisation of the Public Distribution System (PDS).
Food Minister KV Thomas also assured Kerala Chief
Minister Oomen Chandy of all possible help in the development
of a biometric-based foodgrains distribution system.
"The Centre will provide all possible support to Kerala
for its ongoing computerisation of PDS. It will provide more
assistance for increasing warehouse capacity and developing a
biometric-based food grain distribution system," an official
Chandy and a delegation of senior officials met Thomas
today and held discussions on foodgrain allocation to Kerala
under various central schemes, it added.
During the meeting, strengthening of the Bureau of Indian
Standards` (BIS) activities, increasing foodgrain storage and
its timely movement were also discussed.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa