‘Comment on Royal House head based on complaint’
Thiruvananthapuram: Facing flak for his
comment on the head of Travancore royal family, CPI(M) leader
V S Achuthanandan on Tuesday said his remark was based on complaint
he got from a dismissed employee of Sree Padmanabhaswamy
temple and he would move the Supreme Court to ascertain facts.
"It was not my personal comment. What I said was based on
a complaint given to me by a former temple employee," he told
The former chief minister, however, said he would approach
the Supreme Court to ascertain the veracity of the allegation.
Achuthanandan had two days back said there had been
complaints that the present head of the royal house Uthradam
Tirunal Marthanda Varma had attempted to remove temple wealth
in small quantities while returning after daily worship.
The statement had sparked strong protests from Congress,
BJP and Hindu outfits, which termed it as an insult to the
royal family members who have zealously guarded for
generations the huge treasures locked up in the vaults of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what