‘Comment on Royal House head based on complaint’
Thiruvananthapuram: Facing flak for his
comment on the head of Travancore royal family, CPI(M) leader
V S Achuthanandan on Tuesday said his remark was based on complaint
he got from a dismissed employee of Sree Padmanabhaswamy
temple and he would move the Supreme Court to ascertain facts.
"It was not my personal comment. What I said was based on
a complaint given to me by a former temple employee," he told
The former chief minister, however, said he would approach
the Supreme Court to ascertain the veracity of the allegation.
Achuthanandan had two days back said there had been
complaints that the present head of the royal house Uthradam
Tirunal Marthanda Varma had attempted to remove temple wealth
in small quantities while returning after daily worship.
The statement had sparked strong protests from Congress,
BJP and Hindu outfits, which termed it as an insult to the
royal family members who have zealously guarded for
generations the huge treasures locked up in the vaults of the
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US