‘Comment on Royal House head based on complaint’
Thiruvananthapuram: Facing flak for his
comment on the head of Travancore royal family, CPI(M) leader
V S Achuthanandan on Tuesday said his remark was based on complaint
he got from a dismissed employee of Sree Padmanabhaswamy
temple and he would move the Supreme Court to ascertain facts.
"It was not my personal comment. What I said was based on
a complaint given to me by a former temple employee," he told
The former chief minister, however, said he would approach
the Supreme Court to ascertain the veracity of the allegation.
Achuthanandan had two days back said there had been
complaints that the present head of the royal house Uthradam
Tirunal Marthanda Varma had attempted to remove temple wealth
in small quantities while returning after daily worship.
The statement had sparked strong protests from Congress,
BJP and Hindu outfits, which termed it as an insult to the
royal family members who have zealously guarded for
generations the huge treasures locked up in the vaults of the
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon