‘Comment on Royal House head based on complaint’
Thiruvananthapuram: Facing flak for his
comment on the head of Travancore royal family, CPI(M) leader
V S Achuthanandan on Tuesday said his remark was based on complaint
he got from a dismissed employee of Sree Padmanabhaswamy
temple and he would move the Supreme Court to ascertain facts.
"It was not my personal comment. What I said was based on
a complaint given to me by a former temple employee," he told
The former chief minister, however, said he would approach
the Supreme Court to ascertain the veracity of the allegation.
Achuthanandan had two days back said there had been
complaints that the present head of the royal house Uthradam
Tirunal Marthanda Varma had attempted to remove temple wealth
in small quantities while returning after daily worship.
The statement had sparked strong protests from Congress,
BJP and Hindu outfits, which termed it as an insult to the
royal family members who have zealously guarded for
generations the huge treasures locked up in the vaults of the
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city