Cong criticises Mamata for `denigrating` PM
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Thursday urged the Government to consider construction of public toilets in the state especially for large number of people residing on the sea side.
Kerala has a 600 km coastal belt with excellent beaches. These beaches have become notorious for filth and pollution and the government was `unmindful` of this `primitive practise` allowing people to use beaches as open toilets, a division bench lamented.
`We feel panchayats and municipal corporations should be compelled to build public toilets in beaches`, the court said.
The Government should also consider rehabilitation of these people in multi-storeyed houses near sea so they do not live under constant threat of tsunami, erosion etc the bench comprising Justice CN Ramachandran Nair and K Surendra Mohan held while hearing a PIL by Rajesh of Alapuzha.
The petitioner sought a direction to state and railways to prevent pollution particularly on coastal areas and railway tracks and adjoining areas on account of open defecation by people.
The bench also asked the government to constitute a beach development authority.
The Railways has been asked to file counter informing the steps taken in this regard.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof