CPI (M) Central Committee resolution blasts VS
Thiruvananthapuram: The CPI-M Central Committee has found serious fault with party veteran V S Achuthanandan for openly attacking the state leadership and rejected his contention that he has been fighting the "rightist deviations" of the state unit.
The July 22 CC`s resolution said Achuthanandan`s stand that his differences with the state leadership pertained to "political and ideological issues had no basis whatsoever."
On the contrary, his recent statements smacked of factional tendency, the resolution published today by the party`s official organ "Deshabhmiani" said.
Citing some highly critical statements made by the senior leader against the state set-up controlled by his arch foe Pinarayi Vijayan, the resolution said these amounted to hurling accusations at the leadership in public and weakening CPI(M).
It noted that Achuthanandan himself had "self-critically" admitted that he committed a mistake by comparing Vijayan with the late S A Dange, who presided over the split in the undivided Comminst Party of India in 1964.
Similarly, he also agreed that he should not have visited the home of the murdered Marxist rebel and RMP leader T P Chandrasekharan on the day of the assembly by-election from Neyyattinkara (which the CPI-M lost to Congress).
The CC resolution also said the controversial speech by former Idukki district secretary M M Mani that the party had eliminated its foes in the past also did grievous damage to the party`s image.
The special CC session was held on July 21 and 22 exclusively to discuss the deep divisions in the Kerala unit.
The long-running tussle between Achuthanandan and Vijayan intensified in the wake of the Chandrasekharan murder.
The senior leader had then made an unsparing attack on Vijayan, holding that the state leadership should have tried to bring back rebels like Chandrasekharan, instead of castigating them as "renegades".
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Kareena is part of 'Veere Di Wedding': Sonam Kapoor
- Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi starrer 'Baadshaho' begins shoot!
- Nitish Kumar seeks PM Modi's help to desilt Ganga, says feel like crying at river's condition in Bihar
- INSIDE DELHI METRO: Is this what happens to men who enter ladies coach? WATCH
- Gujarat Assembly ratifies GST Bill unanimously