Crime Branch to probe suspected attempt on Pinarayi`s life
Thiruvananthapuram: The Crime Branch would probe the case relating to the arrest of a 75-year-old man with an airgun and sword near the residence of CPI-M state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan in Kannur district on Thursday, official sources said.
The CPI-M state secretariat had demanded a detailed probe into the incident, saying in a statement that the incident should not be taken lightly by portraying the person involved as mentally imbalanced.
CPI-M claim the incident was an attempt on Vijayan`s life.
Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan has given instructions to hand over the probe to the Crime Branch, the sources said.
The man, identified as one Kunhikrishnan Nambiar from Valayam in Kozhikode district, was arrested after local people informed them that he was moving near Vijayan`s house in a suspicious manner on Thursday.
He has been remanded to judicial custody by the Judicial First Class Magistrate, Thalassery.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- LIVE: Indian Army destroys 7 terror launch pads across Line of Control