Crime Branch to probe suspected attempt on Pinarayi`s life
Thiruvananthapuram: The Crime Branch would probe the case relating to the arrest of a 75-year-old man with an airgun and sword near the residence of CPI-M state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan in Kannur district on Thursday, official sources said.
The CPI-M state secretariat had demanded a detailed probe into the incident, saying in a statement that the incident should not be taken lightly by portraying the person involved as mentally imbalanced.
CPI-M claim the incident was an attempt on Vijayan`s life.
Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan has given instructions to hand over the probe to the Crime Branch, the sources said.
The man, identified as one Kunhikrishnan Nambiar from Valayam in Kozhikode district, was arrested after local people informed them that he was moving near Vijayan`s house in a suspicious manner on Thursday.
He has been remanded to judicial custody by the Judicial First Class Magistrate, Thalassery.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy