Crime Branch to probe suspected attempt on Pinarayi`s life
Thiruvananthapuram: The Crime Branch would probe the case relating to the arrest of a 75-year-old man with an airgun and sword near the residence of CPI-M state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan in Kannur district on Thursday, official sources said.
The CPI-M state secretariat had demanded a detailed probe into the incident, saying in a statement that the incident should not be taken lightly by portraying the person involved as mentally imbalanced.
CPI-M claim the incident was an attempt on Vijayan`s life.
Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan has given instructions to hand over the probe to the Crime Branch, the sources said.
The man, identified as one Kunhikrishnan Nambiar from Valayam in Kozhikode district, was arrested after local people informed them that he was moving near Vijayan`s house in a suspicious manner on Thursday.
He has been remanded to judicial custody by the Judicial First Class Magistrate, Thalassery.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate