Father awarded life term for sexually abusing daughter
Coimbatore: A 50-year-old man was on Monday sentenced to life imprisonment for sexually abusing his teenage daughter and making her pregnant twice.
Delivering the judgement Mahila Court Judge MP Subramanian also awarded seven years rigorous imprisonment to Palanisamy, an autorickshaw driver, for threatening the girl of dire consequences if she leaked the matter. However, the sentences would go concurrently, the judge said.
The prosecution case was that the 17-year old girl was sexually abused by her father since 2007.
The man used to abuse the girl when her mother, working in a private factory, used to be on night shift. He had threatened the girl that he would kill her if she informed her mother.
Unable to put up with the abuse, the girl lodged a complaint with police in 2009 in which she said she had undergone abortion once and a six-month old foetus was removed surgically.
The Judge held Palanisamy guilty of the charges of rape and holding out murder threat. The man, however, pleaded not guilty.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?