Idols worth Rs 7 crore seized
Malappuram (Ker): Two `panchaloha` idols
worth Rs seven crore and dating back to the Chola dynasty
period have been recovered by police from a five-member gang
at nearby Perinthalmanna.
Police said the idols of Goddess Uma Devi and Jaina
Theerthankara, weighing 9.50 kg and 4 kg, were seized from the
gang last evening when they were taking it in a vehicle.
The panchaloha idols are made up of five metals.
Archaeological Survey of India officials said the
idols, smuggled from Tamil Nadu, dated to the Chola dynasty
period of the 17th and 18th centuries.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof