Jawan commits suicide at Kochi Naval base
Kochi: A 48-year-old jawan posted on sentry duty at the Naval base in Kochi allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with a self-loading rifle (SLR).
A Radha died of a bullet injury at about 10:30 PM on Wednesday at the Naval base, a defence release said on Thursday.
He was posted on duty at the Material Organisation, the store depot at the Naval Base.
The jawan from the adjacent sentry post along with Guard Commander found him dead after they rushed to his post on hearing a gunshot.
A resident of Vellore district of Tamil Nadu, Radha is survived by wife and three children.
The matter has been reported to the police. A Board of inquiry is being constituted to investigate the circumstances leading to the death of the jawan.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured