Jawan commits suicide at Kochi Naval base
Kochi: A 48-year-old jawan posted on sentry duty at the Naval base in Kochi allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with a self-loading rifle (SLR).
A Radha died of a bullet injury at about 10:30 PM on Wednesday at the Naval base, a defence release said on Thursday.
He was posted on duty at the Material Organisation, the store depot at the Naval Base.
The jawan from the adjacent sentry post along with Guard Commander found him dead after they rushed to his post on hearing a gunshot.
A resident of Vellore district of Tamil Nadu, Radha is survived by wife and three children.
The matter has been reported to the police. A Board of inquiry is being constituted to investigate the circumstances leading to the death of the jawan.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore