Jawan commits suicide at Kochi Naval base
Kochi: A 48-year-old jawan posted on sentry duty at the Naval base in Kochi allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with a self-loading rifle (SLR).
A Radha died of a bullet injury at about 10:30 PM on Wednesday at the Naval base, a defence release said on Thursday.
He was posted on duty at the Material Organisation, the store depot at the Naval Base.
The jawan from the adjacent sentry post along with Guard Commander found him dead after they rushed to his post on hearing a gunshot.
A resident of Vellore district of Tamil Nadu, Radha is survived by wife and three children.
The matter has been reported to the police. A Board of inquiry is being constituted to investigate the circumstances leading to the death of the jawan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui