Jawan commits suicide at Kochi Naval base
Kochi: A 48-year-old jawan posted on sentry duty at the Naval base in Kochi allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with a self-loading rifle (SLR).
A Radha died of a bullet injury at about 10:30 PM on Wednesday at the Naval base, a defence release said on Thursday.
He was posted on duty at the Material Organisation, the store depot at the Naval Base.
The jawan from the adjacent sentry post along with Guard Commander found him dead after they rushed to his post on hearing a gunshot.
A resident of Vellore district of Tamil Nadu, Radha is survived by wife and three children.
The matter has been reported to the police. A Board of inquiry is being constituted to investigate the circumstances leading to the death of the jawan.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'
- Chinese ship inaugurates expanded Panama Canal
- Euro 2016: Germany cruise into last eight with 3-0 Slovakia win
- Security in Kashmir reviewed following Pampore attack; Amarnath Yatra to begin soon
- Southwest monsoon progresses in Gujarat