Kerala Assembly adjourned amid LDF protest
Thiruananthapuram: Kerala Assembly was
adjourned for the day as opposition LDF MLAs demonstrated in
the well of the House for the second day today over suspension
of two CPI(M) members.
As the LDF members kept on shouting slogans and squatted
on the floor in front of the Speaker`s podium, Chief Minister
Oommen Chandy moved a resolution seeking suspension of the
question hour and zero hour.
After that, Speaker G Karthikeyan asked the treasury
benches to take up the finance business slated for the day.
The ministers concerned rushed through their Demands for
Grants for their respective departments and the House rose
within 10 minutes of the commencement of the sitting.
At the outset, the Speaker reminded the opposition of a
ruling given by his predecessor and CPI(M) leader M
Vijayakumar in the 10th Kerala Assembly voicing strong
reservations against conduct of indefinite sit-in in the
On the Opposition charge of inappropriate behaviour of
Agriculture Minister K P Mohan (SJD) yesterday, the Speaker
said he had already summoned Mohan to his chamber and spoken
about the matter.
The Speaker said Mohan had explained to him that if there
was any misconduct on his part, it had taken place due to
emotions caused by unruly scenes in the House yesterday.
Though opposition Leader V S Achuthanandan stood up for
speaking before the House was adjourned, the Speaker did not
allow him to carry on.
The LDF MLAs, who have been on a sit-in protest in the
Assembly hall since yesterday afternoon protesting suspension
of their colleagues T V Rajesh and James Mathew, wound up
their protest within the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'