Kerala Chief whip comes down on govt
Kochi: The Kerala Government Chief Whip, P C George, on Friday flayed the government for not bringing to the High Court`s notice the decision taken by the assembly about handing over the vigilance case relating to alleged corruption in Palakkad based state-owned company Malabar Cements to CBI.
In a plea seeking to implead himself in a petition seeking CBI probe into the alleged corruption in the company, George said the Home Minister had stated in the assembly that government had no objection to transfer the case to CBI. He also claimed to have certain information in the case.
George claimed that he had rendered all assistance for CBI inquiry for ascertaining the true cause of death of V Saseendran, former secretary of the company and his two children, who were found dead inside their house on January 31,2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday