Kerala Chief whip comes down on govt
Kochi: The Kerala Government Chief Whip, P C George, on Friday flayed the government for not bringing to the High Court`s notice the decision taken by the assembly about handing over the vigilance case relating to alleged corruption in Palakkad based state-owned company Malabar Cements to CBI.
In a plea seeking to implead himself in a petition seeking CBI probe into the alleged corruption in the company, George said the Home Minister had stated in the assembly that government had no objection to transfer the case to CBI. He also claimed to have certain information in the case.
George claimed that he had rendered all assistance for CBI inquiry for ascertaining the true cause of death of V Saseendran, former secretary of the company and his two children, who were found dead inside their house on January 31,2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown