Kerala Chief whip comes down on govt
Kochi: The Kerala Government Chief Whip, P C George, on Friday flayed the government for not bringing to the High Court`s notice the decision taken by the assembly about handing over the vigilance case relating to alleged corruption in Palakkad based state-owned company Malabar Cements to CBI.
In a plea seeking to implead himself in a petition seeking CBI probe into the alleged corruption in the company, George said the Home Minister had stated in the assembly that government had no objection to transfer the case to CBI. He also claimed to have certain information in the case.
George claimed that he had rendered all assistance for CBI inquiry for ascertaining the true cause of death of V Saseendran, former secretary of the company and his two children, who were found dead inside their house on January 31,2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!