Kerala CM seeks removal of finance minister
Kottayam: Welcoming the move of Kerala
chief minister VS Achutanandan to enquire other state`s
lottery related issues to the centre, Kerala Congress (M)
vice-chairman P C George MLA on Wednesday said the chief minister has followed a different measure as he is aware that the thief is within the ship.
In this circumstance, the party demanded that if the
finance minister Thomas Isaac is not willing to resign he
should be removed from the ministry, George told presspersons here.
He said during the past 4 and half years rule the
lottery mafia took away Rs.65000 crore at the rate of Rs.56
crore per day. It was the finance minster who aided the
lottery mafia, he said.
The government was forced to stop lottery business due to
the interference of court and firm attitude of UDF, George
By announcing free ration for only one week for the
flood-hit people in Alappuzha and Kottayam, the decision of
the ministry was a challenge to farmers in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!