Kerala CM seeks removal of finance minister
Kottayam: Welcoming the move of Kerala
chief minister VS Achutanandan to enquire other state`s
lottery related issues to the centre, Kerala Congress (M)
vice-chairman P C George MLA on Wednesday said the chief minister has followed a different measure as he is aware that the thief is within the ship.
In this circumstance, the party demanded that if the
finance minister Thomas Isaac is not willing to resign he
should be removed from the ministry, George told presspersons here.
He said during the past 4 and half years rule the
lottery mafia took away Rs.65000 crore at the rate of Rs.56
crore per day. It was the finance minster who aided the
lottery mafia, he said.
The government was forced to stop lottery business due to
the interference of court and firm attitude of UDF, George
By announcing free ration for only one week for the
flood-hit people in Alappuzha and Kottayam, the decision of
the ministry was a challenge to farmers in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites