Kerala CM seeks removal of finance minister
Kottayam: Welcoming the move of Kerala
chief minister VS Achutanandan to enquire other state`s
lottery related issues to the centre, Kerala Congress (M)
vice-chairman P C George MLA on Wednesday said the chief minister has followed a different measure as he is aware that the thief is within the ship.
In this circumstance, the party demanded that if the
finance minister Thomas Isaac is not willing to resign he
should be removed from the ministry, George told presspersons here.
He said during the past 4 and half years rule the
lottery mafia took away Rs.65000 crore at the rate of Rs.56
crore per day. It was the finance minster who aided the
lottery mafia, he said.
The government was forced to stop lottery business due to
the interference of court and firm attitude of UDF, George
By announcing free ration for only one week for the
flood-hit people in Alappuzha and Kottayam, the decision of
the ministry was a challenge to farmers in the area.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says