Kerala CM seeks removal of finance minister
Kottayam: Welcoming the move of Kerala
chief minister VS Achutanandan to enquire other state`s
lottery related issues to the centre, Kerala Congress (M)
vice-chairman P C George MLA on Wednesday said the chief minister has followed a different measure as he is aware that the thief is within the ship.
In this circumstance, the party demanded that if the
finance minister Thomas Isaac is not willing to resign he
should be removed from the ministry, George told presspersons here.
He said during the past 4 and half years rule the
lottery mafia took away Rs.65000 crore at the rate of Rs.56
crore per day. It was the finance minster who aided the
lottery mafia, he said.
The government was forced to stop lottery business due to
the interference of court and firm attitude of UDF, George
By announcing free ration for only one week for the
flood-hit people in Alappuzha and Kottayam, the decision of
the ministry was a challenge to farmers in the area.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani