KPCC chief meets Raghavan
Kannur: Amid reports of CMP leader MV Raghavan being disillusioned with the UDF on the Pariyaram medical college issue, KPCC President Ramesh Chennithala on Wednesday said there are no serious differences of opinion between United Democratic Front and the Communist Marxist Party, a constituent of the front.
A final decision on taking over the Pariyaram cooperative medical college by the government will be taken only after consultation with Raghavan, he told reporters after meeting Raghavan at his residence here.
However, Raghavan said `the issues I had raised still exists`.
Raghavan had been demanding that the Pariyaram medical college be retained in the cooperative sector.
The state Government had recently decided to consider the prospect of taking over the Kochi and Pariyaram Cooperative Medical Colleges.
Of late Raghavan had been disillusioned with the UDF as it had not considered his demand for the dismissal of the CPI (M)-led administrative panel of Pariyaram Cooperative Medical Collge. The gap had further widened with the government`s proposal to take over the college.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter