KPCC to urge Sonia to take back Muraleedharan to Cong
Thiruvananthapuram: Setting the stage for return
of late Congress stalwart K Karunakaran`s son K Muraleedharan
to the Congress, KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala would make
a formal appeal to the AICC chief Sonia Gandhi for the
re-admission of the suspended leader.
Chennithala, who is leaving for Delhi this evening with
senior leader Oommen Chandy, cofirmed that they would be
making a request to Gandhi on the matter.
" We will be making a plea to AICC president when we meet
her in Delhi," Chennithala told reporters.
A former KPCC president, Muraleedharan broke ranks with
the Congress and launched his party DIC-K about six years
back, following a grim phase of faction feud in the state unit
when the UDF Government headed by A K Antony was in power.
He was slapped with a six-year suspension by the AICC for
breaking the party.
Though Karunakaran returned to the Congress, Muraleedharan
later went on to become state chief of NCP after DIC-K flopped
in the electoral arena.
After his unsuccessful bid in the 2009 the Lok Sabha polls
as NCP candidate, Muraleedharan openly aired his eagerness to
be back in the Congress.
Karunakaran, who died in December, was also keen that his son
was taken back to the Congress.
The thinking in Congress circles in the state is that
Muraleedharan`s return would further strengthen the UDF
when the Congress-led coalition is making a strong bid to
gain power in Kerala through the assembly polls due in May.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city