LDF plans stir against UDF govt`s `wrong` economic policies
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M led Left Democratic Front (LDF) opposition on Tuesday decided to launch a series of agitation against the "wrong" economic policies followed by Congress-led UDF government and its move to privatise public utility services like power, transport and water supply.
As part of the stir, thousands of LDF activists would march to the state secretariat and District Collectorates on March 25, LDF convener Vaikom Viswam told reporters here.
The CPI-M led LDF opposition alleged that the UDF government was a complete failure, and had no ground to continue in office.
Viswam said a move was on to privatise Kerala State Electricity Board, Kerala State Transport Corporation and engage a company to supply drinking water.
The government was also withdrawing from core service sectors like health and water supply. An attempt was also on to `sabotage` welfare pension schemes, he added.
LDF also alleged that law and order in the state had completely collapsed and there was no protection to people or their assets.
The Front also adopted a resolution asking the people to join the agitation against the government.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what