LDF plans stir against UDF govt`s `wrong` economic policies
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M led Left Democratic Front (LDF) opposition on Tuesday decided to launch a series of agitation against the "wrong" economic policies followed by Congress-led UDF government and its move to privatise public utility services like power, transport and water supply.
As part of the stir, thousands of LDF activists would march to the state secretariat and District Collectorates on March 25, LDF convener Vaikom Viswam told reporters here.
The CPI-M led LDF opposition alleged that the UDF government was a complete failure, and had no ground to continue in office.
Viswam said a move was on to privatise Kerala State Electricity Board, Kerala State Transport Corporation and engage a company to supply drinking water.
The government was also withdrawing from core service sectors like health and water supply. An attempt was also on to `sabotage` welfare pension schemes, he added.
LDF also alleged that law and order in the state had completely collapsed and there was no protection to people or their assets.
The Front also adopted a resolution asking the people to join the agitation against the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere