LDF plans stir against UDF govt`s `wrong` economic policies
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M led Left Democratic Front (LDF) opposition on Tuesday decided to launch a series of agitation against the "wrong" economic policies followed by Congress-led UDF government and its move to privatise public utility services like power, transport and water supply.
As part of the stir, thousands of LDF activists would march to the state secretariat and District Collectorates on March 25, LDF convener Vaikom Viswam told reporters here.
The CPI-M led LDF opposition alleged that the UDF government was a complete failure, and had no ground to continue in office.
Viswam said a move was on to privatise Kerala State Electricity Board, Kerala State Transport Corporation and engage a company to supply drinking water.
The government was also withdrawing from core service sectors like health and water supply. An attempt was also on to `sabotage` welfare pension schemes, he added.
LDF also alleged that law and order in the state had completely collapsed and there was no protection to people or their assets.
The Front also adopted a resolution asking the people to join the agitation against the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers