LDF resumes stir against Chandy over solar scam issue
Thiruvananthapuram: After a nearly one month gap, LDF opposition on Monday resumed its agitation on the solar panel scam issue, demanding Chief Minister Oommen Chandy`s resignation, with an indefinite blockade of his official residence here.
CPI-M veteran and Opposition leader VS Achuthanandan inaugurated the agitation at the Devaswom Board Junction, one of the main passageway to Chandy`s residence, `Cliff House`.
Speaking on the occasion, Achuthanandan said the stir would continue till a fair judicial probe was ordered by including Chandy under the ambit of investigation.
Hundreds of LDF volunteers led by CPI-M politburo member Kodiyeri Balakrishnan marched to the agitation venue from Raj Bhavan junction and started the picketing.
LDF leaders said the blockade in Cliff House area, where several other ministers also reside, would be peaceful and they would not obstruct movement of any persons other than Chandy, as their stir was only against the Chief Minister.
As there are other roads also to reach the area, the picketing is not likely to cause difficulty to the public.
However, Chandy is not in the city, but in Idukki to attend the Mass Contact Programme there today.
The blockade of Chief Minister`s office is another phase of the LDF stir, launched since the scam came into focus in June this year.
Though Congress led UDF government under pressure ordered a judicial probe by a retired High court Judge, LDF was not satisfied and demanded a probe by a sitting High Court judge.
The scam pertains to alleged financial cheating by Saritha S Nair and Biju by offering them solar energy solutions.
The scam snowballed into a major political row after the arrest of a Personal Assistant in Chandy`s office for allegedly aiding the accused.
LDF has been running a high-voltage campaign, demanding Chandy`s resignation over the issue.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal