`Letter by VS to CPM leaders a media creation`
Kasargod (Ker): CPI-M State Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan today described as a `creation of the media` a letter reportedly written by Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan to the party central leadership, stating that he was not interested in continuing in the post.
“It is a creation of the media. The fake campaign has been spread with an aim at the coming Neyyattinkara by-poll. The Central leadership is not aware of any such letter," he said.
Achuthanandan had reportedly shot off a letter to the CPI-M leadership, saying he was not interested in continuing as leader of the Opposition "in the present situation."
The veteran leader`s fresh salvo comes after his outburst last week, lashing out at Vijayan for dubbing Marxist rebels like recently murdered T P Chandrasekharan, as "betrayers and renegades".
Achuthanandan had said Vijayan`s approach was as bad as the autocratic line adopted by late S A Dange on the eve of the split of the undivided CPI in 1964.
Earlier, inaugurating a rally from nearby Trikkarippur in protest against the recent communal clashes in the district, Vijayan alleged that concerted attacks were being carried out against CPI-M cadres and that the ruling United Democratic Front and some extremist elements were also joining it.
"There are attempts to blame CPI(M) for the murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party leader T P Chandrasekharan on May 4," Vijayan alleged.
Chandrasekharan, expelled from CPI(M) a few years back, was attacked and killed by unidentified assailants at Vallikkad near Vatakara in Kozhikode district on May 4.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS