`Letter by VS to CPM leaders a media creation`
Kasargod (Ker): CPI-M State Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan today described as a `creation of the media` a letter reportedly written by Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan to the party central leadership, stating that he was not interested in continuing in the post.
“It is a creation of the media. The fake campaign has been spread with an aim at the coming Neyyattinkara by-poll. The Central leadership is not aware of any such letter," he said.
Achuthanandan had reportedly shot off a letter to the CPI-M leadership, saying he was not interested in continuing as leader of the Opposition "in the present situation."
The veteran leader`s fresh salvo comes after his outburst last week, lashing out at Vijayan for dubbing Marxist rebels like recently murdered T P Chandrasekharan, as "betrayers and renegades".
Achuthanandan had said Vijayan`s approach was as bad as the autocratic line adopted by late S A Dange on the eve of the split of the undivided CPI in 1964.
Earlier, inaugurating a rally from nearby Trikkarippur in protest against the recent communal clashes in the district, Vijayan alleged that concerted attacks were being carried out against CPI-M cadres and that the ruling United Democratic Front and some extremist elements were also joining it.
"There are attempts to blame CPI(M) for the murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party leader T P Chandrasekharan on May 4," Vijayan alleged.
Chandrasekharan, expelled from CPI(M) a few years back, was attacked and killed by unidentified assailants at Vallikkad near Vatakara in Kozhikode district on May 4.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence
- IIFA 2016: Priyanka Chopra wins 'Woman of the Year' award, expresses her joy on Twitter! - View pic
- Dada responds to Ravi Shastri's 'Sourav Ganguly absent' remark - Here's what he said
- French woman facing extradition to Chile granted bail by Delhi court