`Letter by VS to CPM leaders a media creation`
Kasargod (Ker): CPI-M State Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan today described as a `creation of the media` a letter reportedly written by Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan to the party central leadership, stating that he was not interested in continuing in the post.
“It is a creation of the media. The fake campaign has been spread with an aim at the coming Neyyattinkara by-poll. The Central leadership is not aware of any such letter," he said.
Achuthanandan had reportedly shot off a letter to the CPI-M leadership, saying he was not interested in continuing as leader of the Opposition "in the present situation."
The veteran leader`s fresh salvo comes after his outburst last week, lashing out at Vijayan for dubbing Marxist rebels like recently murdered T P Chandrasekharan, as "betrayers and renegades".
Achuthanandan had said Vijayan`s approach was as bad as the autocratic line adopted by late S A Dange on the eve of the split of the undivided CPI in 1964.
Earlier, inaugurating a rally from nearby Trikkarippur in protest against the recent communal clashes in the district, Vijayan alleged that concerted attacks were being carried out against CPI-M cadres and that the ruling United Democratic Front and some extremist elements were also joining it.
"There are attempts to blame CPI(M) for the murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party leader T P Chandrasekharan on May 4," Vijayan alleged.
Chandrasekharan, expelled from CPI(M) a few years back, was attacked and killed by unidentified assailants at Vallikkad near Vatakara in Kozhikode district on May 4.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town