Madani`s bail petition posted to February 10
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday posted
to February 10 for arguments, the bail plea of Kerala-based
PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, one of the accused in the 2008
Bangalore serial bomb blasts case.
When the petition came for hearing before Justice V
Jagannathan, State Advocate General Ashok Haranahally filed
his objections and sought two days for arguments which the
Madani, who is among 31 persons charge sheeted in the
case, has sought bail on the grounds that there was no prima
facie case against him to implicate him in the blasts.
The PDP leader was taken into custody from an
orphanage-cum madrassa in Anwarssery in Kerala on August 17
last year, later brought here and lodged in Bangalore Central
On December 3, a local court has committed the case for
Madani was named as an accused in an additional
charge sheet filed based on the confessions of suspected
Lashkar operative T Nazeer, main accused in the Bangalore
blasts, that left one person dead and 20 others injured.
The PDP leader was also an accused in the 1998 Coimbatore
serial bomb blasts in which 58 people were killed, but was
acquitted by the trial court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt