Madani`s bail petition posted to February 10
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday posted
to February 10 for arguments, the bail plea of Kerala-based
PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, one of the accused in the 2008
Bangalore serial bomb blasts case.
When the petition came for hearing before Justice V
Jagannathan, State Advocate General Ashok Haranahally filed
his objections and sought two days for arguments which the
Madani, who is among 31 persons charge sheeted in the
case, has sought bail on the grounds that there was no prima
facie case against him to implicate him in the blasts.
The PDP leader was taken into custody from an
orphanage-cum madrassa in Anwarssery in Kerala on August 17
last year, later brought here and lodged in Bangalore Central
On December 3, a local court has committed the case for
Madani was named as an accused in an additional
charge sheet filed based on the confessions of suspected
Lashkar operative T Nazeer, main accused in the Bangalore
blasts, that left one person dead and 20 others injured.
The PDP leader was also an accused in the 1998 Coimbatore
serial bomb blasts in which 58 people were killed, but was
acquitted by the trial court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?