Madani`s bail petition posted to February 10
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Tuesday posted
to February 10 for arguments, the bail plea of Kerala-based
PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani, one of the accused in the 2008
Bangalore serial bomb blasts case.
When the petition came for hearing before Justice V
Jagannathan, State Advocate General Ashok Haranahally filed
his objections and sought two days for arguments which the
Madani, who is among 31 persons charge sheeted in the
case, has sought bail on the grounds that there was no prima
facie case against him to implicate him in the blasts.
The PDP leader was taken into custody from an
orphanage-cum madrassa in Anwarssery in Kerala on August 17
last year, later brought here and lodged in Bangalore Central
On December 3, a local court has committed the case for
Madani was named as an accused in an additional
charge sheet filed based on the confessions of suspected
Lashkar operative T Nazeer, main accused in the Bangalore
blasts, that left one person dead and 20 others injured.
The PDP leader was also an accused in the 1998 Coimbatore
serial bomb blasts in which 58 people were killed, but was
acquitted by the trial court.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement