Man held for trying barge onto podium of Amritanandamayi
Kollam (Ker) : A man who tried to barge onto the podium of spiritual leader Mata Amritanandamayi at her ashram at nearby Vallikkavu was taken into custody by police on Wednesday.
Police said the 28-year-old man, who
claimed to be a law student from Bihar, was stopped by devotees when he ran past them screaming and tried to climb onto the podium where Amritanandamayi was leading the bhajan and spiritual discourse.
Devotees handed him over to security guards, who later took him to the police.
During questioning, the man gave his name as Sadmal Singh Mann and said he was studying law in Bihar.He said he screamed and sought to get on to the podium as he was seized by `the frenzy of the moment.`
Police said the information given by the man was being verified. The man did not have any weapon in his possession.
Kerala police are in touch with their Bihar counterparts to check the information given by the man.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog