Man held for trying barge onto podium of Amritanandamayi
Kollam (Ker) : A man who tried to barge onto the podium of spiritual leader Mata Amritanandamayi at her ashram at nearby Vallikkavu was taken into custody by police on Wednesday.
Police said the 28-year-old man, who
claimed to be a law student from Bihar, was stopped by devotees when he ran past them screaming and tried to climb onto the podium where Amritanandamayi was leading the bhajan and spiritual discourse.
Devotees handed him over to security guards, who later took him to the police.
During questioning, the man gave his name as Sadmal Singh Mann and said he was studying law in Bihar.He said he screamed and sought to get on to the podium as he was seized by `the frenzy of the moment.`
Police said the information given by the man was being verified. The man did not have any weapon in his possession.
Kerala police are in touch with their Bihar counterparts to check the information given by the man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan