Maoists damage properties against mining plan
Visakhapatnam: Maoists have been
allegedly damaging properties in the district to protest
against government proposal of allowing bauxite mining in the
agency area, police said.
According to police, Maoists blasted an abandoned
coffee pulp godown at the Lankapakala village in G K Veedhi
mandal of the district early today against the bauxite mining
Nobody was hurt in the incident as it was an abandoned
godown of the Forest Department, police said.
In another incident, Maoists torched some equipment,
used in road construction in the same area early yesterday.
Three hydraulic excavators, which were being used for
constructing a six km road between Thotkonda and
Mesithotavanipalem, were set on fire, they said.
Maoists might have thought that the road was being laid
in order to provide connectivity to the main road for the
transportation of bauxite, police added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list