Maoists damage properties against mining plan
Visakhapatnam: Maoists have been
allegedly damaging properties in the district to protest
against government proposal of allowing bauxite mining in the
agency area, police said.
According to police, Maoists blasted an abandoned
coffee pulp godown at the Lankapakala village in G K Veedhi
mandal of the district early today against the bauxite mining
Nobody was hurt in the incident as it was an abandoned
godown of the Forest Department, police said.
In another incident, Maoists torched some equipment,
used in road construction in the same area early yesterday.
Three hydraulic excavators, which were being used for
constructing a six km road between Thotkonda and
Mesithotavanipalem, were set on fire, they said.
Maoists might have thought that the road was being laid
in order to provide connectivity to the main road for the
transportation of bauxite, police added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days