Maoists damage properties against mining plan
Visakhapatnam: Maoists have been
allegedly damaging properties in the district to protest
against government proposal of allowing bauxite mining in the
agency area, police said.
According to police, Maoists blasted an abandoned
coffee pulp godown at the Lankapakala village in G K Veedhi
mandal of the district early today against the bauxite mining
Nobody was hurt in the incident as it was an abandoned
godown of the Forest Department, police said.
In another incident, Maoists torched some equipment,
used in road construction in the same area early yesterday.
Three hydraulic excavators, which were being used for
constructing a six km road between Thotkonda and
Mesithotavanipalem, were set on fire, they said.
Maoists might have thought that the road was being laid
in order to provide connectivity to the main road for the
transportation of bauxite, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered