Maoists damage properties against mining plan
Visakhapatnam: Maoists have been
allegedly damaging properties in the district to protest
against government proposal of allowing bauxite mining in the
agency area, police said.
According to police, Maoists blasted an abandoned
coffee pulp godown at the Lankapakala village in G K Veedhi
mandal of the district early today against the bauxite mining
Nobody was hurt in the incident as it was an abandoned
godown of the Forest Department, police said.
In another incident, Maoists torched some equipment,
used in road construction in the same area early yesterday.
Three hydraulic excavators, which were being used for
constructing a six km road between Thotkonda and
Mesithotavanipalem, were set on fire, they said.
Maoists might have thought that the road was being laid
in order to provide connectivity to the main road for the
transportation of bauxite, police added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- 'Befikre' Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor's latest STILL will make you standstill!
- Mars had climate suitable for life four billion years ago
- Wedding SONG of the year 'Nachde Ne Saare' has Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra dance to glory! Watch
- Afzal Guru event: JNU panel holds 21 students 'guilty of indiscipline'; no relief to Umar, Anirban
- Water shortage may have led to demise of Maya civilisation