Milma registers 20% growth in Malabar region
Kozhikode: The Malabar Region of Kerala Cooperative Milk Producers Union Limited (Milma) has registered a 20 per cent growth with a turnover of Rs 430 crore in the financial year 2010-11.
Milk production also witnessed a growth of eight per cent compared to 2009-10 fiscal, a Milma release said.
Milma also witnessed record achievement in extending various subsidies, pension fund, insurance schemes and other welfare packages for the milk producers in the last financial year, it added.
Farmers got Rs 25.78 crore through such schemes and the production of cattle feed touched 489 lakh kg, registering a growth of 26 per cent.
Milma further said it would invest Rs 7.27 crore during the current fiscal for various welfare programmes.
The commissioning of a new dairy plant in Malappuram district would be a major project. A straw pellet factory in Pattanchery in Palakkad and a chilling plant at Chemmarathur in Vadakara would also be commissioned, the release said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes