Milma registers 20% growth in Malabar region
Kozhikode: The Malabar Region of Kerala Cooperative Milk Producers Union Limited (Milma) has registered a 20 per cent growth with a turnover of Rs 430 crore in the financial year 2010-11.
Milk production also witnessed a growth of eight per cent compared to 2009-10 fiscal, a Milma release said.
Milma also witnessed record achievement in extending various subsidies, pension fund, insurance schemes and other welfare packages for the milk producers in the last financial year, it added.
Farmers got Rs 25.78 crore through such schemes and the production of cattle feed touched 489 lakh kg, registering a growth of 26 per cent.
Milma further said it would invest Rs 7.27 crore during the current fiscal for various welfare programmes.
The commissioning of a new dairy plant in Malappuram district would be a major project. A straw pellet factory in Pattanchery in Palakkad and a chilling plant at Chemmarathur in Vadakara would also be commissioned, the release said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death