Milma registers 20% growth in Malabar region
Kozhikode: The Malabar Region of Kerala Cooperative Milk Producers Union Limited (Milma) has registered a 20 per cent growth with a turnover of Rs 430 crore in the financial year 2010-11.
Milk production also witnessed a growth of eight per cent compared to 2009-10 fiscal, a Milma release said.
Milma also witnessed record achievement in extending various subsidies, pension fund, insurance schemes and other welfare packages for the milk producers in the last financial year, it added.
Farmers got Rs 25.78 crore through such schemes and the production of cattle feed touched 489 lakh kg, registering a growth of 26 per cent.
Milma further said it would invest Rs 7.27 crore during the current fiscal for various welfare programmes.
The commissioning of a new dairy plant in Malappuram district would be a major project. A straw pellet factory in Pattanchery in Palakkad and a chilling plant at Chemmarathur in Vadakara would also be commissioned, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued