Milma registers 20% growth in Malabar region
Kozhikode: The Malabar Region of Kerala Cooperative Milk Producers Union Limited (Milma) has registered a 20 per cent growth with a turnover of Rs 430 crore in the financial year 2010-11.
Milk production also witnessed a growth of eight per cent compared to 2009-10 fiscal, a Milma release said.
Milma also witnessed record achievement in extending various subsidies, pension fund, insurance schemes and other welfare packages for the milk producers in the last financial year, it added.
Farmers got Rs 25.78 crore through such schemes and the production of cattle feed touched 489 lakh kg, registering a growth of 26 per cent.
Milma further said it would invest Rs 7.27 crore during the current fiscal for various welfare programmes.
The commissioning of a new dairy plant in Malappuram district would be a major project. A straw pellet factory in Pattanchery in Palakkad and a chilling plant at Chemmarathur in Vadakara would also be commissioned, the release said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das
- Saarc FMs meet focused on trade, tax avoidance pacts: Das
- Centre to replace J&K governor? Five names doing rounds as his successor
- Arun Jaitley pitches for BRICS arbitration platform