Modi-baiter removed from Nair outfit
Alappuzha (Ker): Gopinatha Pillai, a Narendra Modi critic and father of Gujarat encounter victim Javed Shaikh, has been removed as treasurer of the Nair community outfit NSS`s local unit for allegedly making adverse comments against the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate at a meeting recently.
Pillai, who had alleged that his son Pranesh Kumar alias Javed Shaikh was shot dead by Gujarat police in a fake encounter near Ahemadabad in 2004, was removed as treasurer of Kotakkattussery NSS village unit on charge of making "anti-Hindu" references at a seminar, organised by the Peoples Democratic Party, held last month.
The decision to remove from the post was taken at the local unit meeting held yesterday, Pillai said.
Pillai, however, denied that he had made any adverse references against Hinduism and said he had only made certain critical remarks about the claim of Modi over the so-called "Gujarat model" of development.
"I never made any anti-Hindu remark. I am proud to be a Hindu.I am not responsible for conversion of my son (Pranesh) to Islam. Anti-Modi comments are not a disqualification for taking action against me (by the NSS)," Pillai said.
Pranesh, who converted to Islam while he was working in Pune, was found dead along with three persons including a woman Ishrat Jahan on June 15, 2004.
Police claimed that they had plotted to kill Modi and they died in an encounter when police resisted them from proceeding to Ahmedabad to carry out their plan.
Pillai had challenged the police`s claim in court holding that his son was victim of a fake encounter.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre