More than 9000 BPL families to get aid for house construction
Kozhikode (Ker): More than 9,000 BPL families in Kerala would be given financial aid to construct houses in Kerala, Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh said on Saturday.
"As part of extending the Indira Awaas Yojana (IAY) scheme, 9575 more families in Kerala will be given financial assistance to construct houses," he said.
With this, the total number of beneficiaries in Kerala under the IAY scheme to construct houses has touched 55,313, he said.
The minister was speaking after laying the foundation stone for the Rajiv Gandhi Seva Kendra being constructed under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Programme at nearby Kunnamangalam.
Later, speaking at a reception at Kozhikode District Congress Committee office here, Jairam Ramesh urged party workers to work for their victory in the next parliament elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam