More than 9000 BPL families to get aid for house construction
Kozhikode (Ker): More than 9,000 BPL families in Kerala would be given financial aid to construct houses in Kerala, Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh said on Saturday.
"As part of extending the Indira Awaas Yojana (IAY) scheme, 9575 more families in Kerala will be given financial assistance to construct houses," he said.
With this, the total number of beneficiaries in Kerala under the IAY scheme to construct houses has touched 55,313, he said.
The minister was speaking after laying the foundation stone for the Rajiv Gandhi Seva Kendra being constructed under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Programme at nearby Kunnamangalam.
Later, speaking at a reception at Kozhikode District Congress Committee office here, Jairam Ramesh urged party workers to work for their victory in the next parliament elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case