Murali`s return would further strengthen Cong: K Padmaja
Kannur: The return of former KPCC President K Muraleedharan, into congress party, would help to further
strengthen the party in Kerala, K Padmaja Venugopal, daughter
of late Karunakaran, said on Tuesday.
Speaking to mediapersons here, Padmaja, who had come to
Payyannur in the district for participating in a function
organised in memory of Karunakaran, expressed her happiness at
the return of Muraleedharan, who was under suspension for six
years for anti-party activities.
`My father`s soul would be very happy`, She said.
Karunakaran and congress workers in the state wanted
Muraleedharan to be back into congress party, she said.
The presence of Muraleedharan, who was known for his
organisational capacity, would do good for UDF in the
forthcoming assembly elections in the state, she said.
Earlier, KPCC President Ramesh Chennithala and Leader of
opposition Oommen Chandy, today met AICC Chief Sonia Gandhi
at Delhi for the re-admission of Muraleedharan.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL