Murali`s return would further strengthen Cong: K Padmaja
Kannur: The return of former KPCC President K Muraleedharan, into congress party, would help to further
strengthen the party in Kerala, K Padmaja Venugopal, daughter
of late Karunakaran, said on Tuesday.
Speaking to mediapersons here, Padmaja, who had come to
Payyannur in the district for participating in a function
organised in memory of Karunakaran, expressed her happiness at
the return of Muraleedharan, who was under suspension for six
years for anti-party activities.
`My father`s soul would be very happy`, She said.
Karunakaran and congress workers in the state wanted
Muraleedharan to be back into congress party, she said.
The presence of Muraleedharan, who was known for his
organisational capacity, would do good for UDF in the
forthcoming assembly elections in the state, she said.
Earlier, KPCC President Ramesh Chennithala and Leader of
opposition Oommen Chandy, today met AICC Chief Sonia Gandhi
at Delhi for the re-admission of Muraleedharan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket