Murali`s return would further strengthen Cong: K Padmaja
Kannur: The return of former KPCC President K Muraleedharan, into congress party, would help to further
strengthen the party in Kerala, K Padmaja Venugopal, daughter
of late Karunakaran, said on Tuesday.
Speaking to mediapersons here, Padmaja, who had come to
Payyannur in the district for participating in a function
organised in memory of Karunakaran, expressed her happiness at
the return of Muraleedharan, who was under suspension for six
years for anti-party activities.
`My father`s soul would be very happy`, She said.
Karunakaran and congress workers in the state wanted
Muraleedharan to be back into congress party, she said.
The presence of Muraleedharan, who was known for his
organisational capacity, would do good for UDF in the
forthcoming assembly elections in the state, she said.
Earlier, KPCC President Ramesh Chennithala and Leader of
opposition Oommen Chandy, today met AICC Chief Sonia Gandhi
at Delhi for the re-admission of Muraleedharan.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video